alright, so I want to tune a guitar to this tuning(A#-D#-G#-F#-a#-d#) so i don't have to get a 7 string. would these work for this tuning? thanks.

EDIT: i got the idea from this guy's video
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
all depends on your preference...
I personally play A#, F, A# like a drop tuning and have 54 on top and a 11 on the bottom.

they're GHS Boomers incase you were wondering
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
does 54 have a comfortable amount of tension on the A#?
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by 555_Maggot_666
all depends on your preference...
I personally play A#, F, A# like a drop tuning and have 54 on top and a 11 on the bottom.

they're GHS Boomers incase you were wondering

I heard that GHS Boomers really sucked. Do they really? Or is that just talk from people who don't know anything??
How good strings are or arent is all a matter of opinion. For those who would say GHS sucks if it were true then people like gilmour, mustain, john5, santana wouldnt use em. They do have a larger selection of strings to chose from than most other brands. So may be easier to find the set your looking for from them. Ive been using them for a while never had any issues with em. And they are less money than many other brands.
^ hey! another guy in kentucky!

but now can someone answer my question?

↓ but 13 gauge on an d#? that would be really tight.
Quote by webbtje
Last edited by skwelcher at Aug 13, 2009,
13 - 56 are the best for anything from B - G#. G# would be lowest I'd go with a 56 for the low E.
Quote by skwelcher
does 54 have a comfortable amount of tension on the A#?

Deffinetly!
I only like it tight
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
^ok thanks. that's all i wanted to know.
Quote by webbtje
Quote by Squigman
I heard that GHS Boomers really sucked. Do they really? Or is that just talk from people who don't know anything??

They're better than Ernie Ball. But really, even DR strings suck for some people.

Ideally, I like 10-50 in standard, 11-52 in Eb or D and sometimes even Db, 12-54 in C, change the low E to a 56 for drop A#/Bb. It's adequate, but still a lil loose.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
i actually advise gettin 12's or 13's. 11's may be too loose for drop A#
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Shinozoku
They're better than Ernie Ball. But really, even DR strings suck for some people.

Ideally, I like 10-50 in standard, 11-52 in Eb or D and sometimes even Db, 12-54 in C, change the low E to a 56 for drop A#/Bb. It's adequate, but still a lil loose.

this is completely opinion. i think EB's are the best.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"