I was at Sam Ash earlier today and played on a Bugera 333 3x12 120W tube amp and I loved it. I've been searching for a long time for a tube amp in my price range. My search may have finally come to an end, but I have two gripes. The knobs are cheap and plastic and feel like they're gonna fall off which isn't too big of a deal and secondly, I've never heard of Bugera. I don't usually shop by brand but buying a brand I've heard of gives me confidence in my purchase. Brand reliability or whatever. So does anyone have any experience with Bugera, either negative or positive?

tl;dr - I found an amp that I like but I've never heard of the brand Bugera.

linky: http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_333%20212%20Guitar%20Combo%20Amp_-1_10052_10002_-49984638_cmCategorySA-10001
Searchbar...

In this very forum - GG&A - There is an Offical Bugera Thread with all the need-to-know info.

Enjoy the info.
You should prepare yourself for the avalanche of love/hate opinions regarding this brand.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by occub
You should prepare yourself for the avalanche of love/hate opinions regarding this brand.

I agree.
Good sounding amps; alot better when retubed and biased...
Reliability still stands to be lacking.
Be careful with bugera my friend. i have used the 333xl head for the last year and burned out on me when i really needed it. repair shop was slow so didnt get a new one till 3 months later...burned out within the next week again so im done with them

great tone, but for the headache that will follow most likely, its not that worth it. save up for a more well-made amp my friend. trust me haha.
no don't trust him^
my bugera has been fine, going on a year.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
^Just because he had a bad experience and you haven't doesn't me it's not a trustworthy opinion.

When you are buying one of these Bugera's for such a low price, you have to be willing to take the risk that there might be problems more so then any other amp. I mean honestly if your worried about an amp lasting you long though, you should be saving up and getting something that you know will last.

but i will say, I played the 6262 combo, and it's pretty nice for the money. (new) but if you look used, so can usually find the amps they are copying for the same price as a new Bugera.
I believe bugera is owned by belringer,but their nothing like the usual belringer crap. i played one at GC and its killer. I was planning to buy one but i changed my mind and am buying a vetta 2 instead
Quote by thrasher.
^Just because he had a bad experience and you haven't doesn't me it's not a trustworthy opinion.

When you are buying one of these Bugera's for such a low price, you have to be willing to take the risk that there might be problems more so then any other amp. I mean honestly if your worried about an amp lasting you long though, you should be saving up and getting something that you know will last.

but i will say, I played the 6262 combo, and it's pretty nice for the money. (new) but if you look used, so can usually find the amps they are copying for the same price as a new Bugera.

Where would I look for used gear? The GC and Sam Ash near me have a very limited selection, and eBay isn't usually my thing because I'd have to try it out first.
Quote by guitar98765432
Where would I look for used gear? The GC and Sam Ash near me have a very limited selection, and eBay isn't usually my thing because I'd have to try it out first.

Craigslist. It gives you the opportunity usually to go try out the gear, and deals can be had. As you said, you have a GC and Sam Ash, so I'm guessing you'll have a pretty loaded CL.

good luck!
Bugera is just Behringer tubes. When a company has to change it's name on a new line because the old
one is associated with crap, that's a bad sign.