Page 1 of 2
Yes, I know there's been a million threads about this, but it's still interesting.

What inspired you to pick up the axe and become a Rock God?

Me, honestly, it was Guitar Hero. I was sick of being limited to 30 songs, so I saved my money bought a guitar and took some lessons and now I play guitar pretty well.
fap
rape
i cum blood
cool story bro

i just wanted the attention guitarists get.
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
Guitar hero, same. And the fact that I already had a guitar, just never took the time to learn it.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 13, 2009,
I started listening to Van Halen and Led Zeppelin, and I wanted to be able to do that. So I picked up a guitar, and two years later, I still wish I could do that
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
I just outta nowhere decided I wanted to play :shrugs:
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Phat Stud 55
Yes, I know there's been a million threads about this, but it's still interesting.

What inspired you to pick up the axe and become a Bluegrass God?

Me, honestly, it was Guitar Hero. I was sick of being limited to 30 songs, so I saved my money bought a guitar and took some lessons and now I play guitar pretty well.

Fixed.
My Uncle.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Phat Stud 55
...but it still doesn't mean we need another thread about it.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I had a fever, and the only perscription was more cowbell. But I didn't want to play cowbell so I played guitar.
Quote by Phat Stud 55

What inspired you to pick up the axe and become a Guitar God?

Fixed.

My uncle played guitar for a short while. I got interested, and started playing. Soon enough, he quit, his guitar and amp are mine, and I'm well on my way.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Felt I should do something worthwhile.
Quote by Jackal58
What? You don't speak wigger? Allow me to translate:
Hai gais I'm a troll!!!!!!
Quote by Phat Stud 55

At the moment I picked it up, I was like, 'I wanna become famous!' then tried to play like slash.
i picked one up and thought hey, music, when i was like ten... this thread is not interesting yet. your objective has been shot down many times.
I saw one of my Mom's friends sitting drunk on his couch wearing nothing but a pair of bib overalls and a Washburn acoustic guitar, singing old rock n' roll songs and playing his heart out.

At that moment I said to myself, "Wow....

....I wanna do that."
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
This chick i liked thought guitarist were cool, so i decided to start playing to impress her.

And Dimebag inspired me too.
Sail upon the open skies
i had a bunch of lyrics and i figured they needed some music and i only played bass at time and as much as i love bass you cant record vocals and bass only, you need some guitar.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by dudetheman
I saw one of my Mom's friends sitting drunk on his couch wearing nothing but a pair of bib overalls and a Washburn acoustic guitar, singing old rock n' roll songs and playing his heart out.

At that moment I said to myself, "Wow....

....I wanna do that."

So how them bib overalls working for you man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
my grandpa played, and offered me a $600 guitar if i just took lessons for a few months. so i accepted this, and haven't stopped since.
My Gear:

Squier Stratocaster
Italia Maranello
Ibanez GIO
Samich D-1
Baldwin SG
Fender CD100CE

Proel WahWah
Digitech RP-80 Multi-Effects

Peavey Combo Amp
Marshall Practice Amp
My entire family is musicians so I just followed the footsteps.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Quote by kashuul
I had a fever, and the only perscription was more cowbell. But I didn't want to play cowbell so I played guitar.

I knew that someone was going to post that.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
One word: Pussy

Real answer, my dad was talking to my cousin about something guitar related (cousin plays guitar) and my dad said "why don't you play guitar" and I said "ah **** it why not."

8 months and about 550 dollars later and Im more or less glad I made that, in retrospect, ill informed decision.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by RHCP987123
I knew that someone was going to post that.

Am I really that predictable
Several things my friend got a guitar and i automatically could play the opening riff of Iron man, I was then hooked. I'm way better than she is now. My uncle plays. I saw a guy play at a coffee shop and I was like "I wanna do that."
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
I just got really into music and figured I could be just as good as these guys, but now I wish I was as good as they are.
I wanted to be a cowboy when I was four and I believed one of the prerequesites was that you had to play guitar but soon figured out the guitar was bigger than I was and also heavy so I forgot about it.

Then about 8th grade I met this cool kid named Andrew Kish who played guitar who kind of reignited my desire to play so my dad asked one of his friends if I could have one to learn on. I still have it. Still play it every once in awhile too.
Quote by namesroverrated
I started listening to Van Halen and Led Zeppelin, and I wanted to be able to do that. So I picked up a guitar, and two years later, I still wish I could do that

same here, Im always most motivated to play at night when I cant becuase my parents are sleeping

and also becuase my dad played, and he kept his 10 or so guitars, marshall cap, effects rack, and two bigass Peavy pa monitors along with about 100 random pickups
hundreds of wolume/tone knobs, along with pots to go with them, pickguards, mics, cables, pedals, sledis, harmonicas, and whatnot

if I had woodworking skills I could start my own damn custom shop out of my basement
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
I started playing to be Br00tal, and play the songs I heard on the local metal station.

That changed quickly. :\
I'm truly surprised that Guitar Hero has been that influential.
Go Guitar Hero.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Got inspired after my first concert which was Heaven & Hell. A month later i ordered my first guitar online as an early b-day present from my mom, to this day i still play it (but now i keep in in drop B with 11-56 gauge strings so my Ibenez dosent get all f***** up) and Tony Iommi is still my number 1 inspiration.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by Phat Stud 55

Same. I know alot of musicians have a problem with the game, but if it encourages young people to pick up an instrument, im all for it.
Page 1 of 2