Another one of these,

well i should be getting more hours at work soon, and i've decided to start saving for a new guitar. the thing is, im not sure which guitar i want. i would say my budget would be under $1k, my style is rock, hard rock, metal, and in between. i would like a les paul style in honor of Les Paul. My current gear is an Epi LP Standard, Schecter C-1 FR, and a Bugera 6262 212. Right now I'm looking at an LTD EC-401, or EC-1000.

So UG, give me some ideas....
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
I say find a used epiphone les paul elitlist, you could find them on ebay for around 1k. Or a gibson studio if you get one from the store.
Take a look at the Schecter Solo-6 as well.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
I've changed my mind. Sell any one of your other guitars and get an ESP Eclipse II.

Do it.

Quote by MetalGuitarest
trade your epi so you'll have more money and either A) get another schecter.. B) get an ibanez... or C) Get a better esp

if i was to trade one of my guitars it would be the schecter because i rarely play it because the floyd rose annoys me...

Quote by darkcheef
I say find a used epiphone les paul elitlist, you could find them on ebay for around 1k. Or a gibson studio if you get one from the store.

i already own an epi. the elitists aren't too much better, just better pickups, so i can swap mine if i want.
Save Gibson

Go for the Gibson LP Studio. Only Gibson LP you will get for under 1K unless you are lucky. Start looking around stores and playing LP's.
Quote by The3818919
Go for the Gibson LP Studio. Only Gibson LP you will get for under 1K unless you are lucky. Start looking around stores and playing LP's.

if i was to get a gibson les paul, it would be a junior, or a standard. but i will probably be in GC tomorrow so i can give some guitars a try.
Save Gibson

Seriously consider selling one of your guitars and buying a new ESP Eclipse II, or going used and buying one off Ebay or something. This is what I would do in a heartbeat if I were you, I'm dying to get a real ESP myself.

Quote by leftyace
Seriously consider selling one of your guitars and buying a new ESP Eclipse II, or going used and buying one off Ebay or something. This is what I would do in a heartbeat if I were you, I'm dying to get a real ESP myself.

whats the difference between the ESP Eclipse II and the LTD EC-1000 other then the name? just build quality? the name isnt too important, which is why im not just gonna save up for a good gibson.
Save Gibson

Quote by a7xsteve
whats the difference between the ESP Eclipse II and the LTD EC-1000 other then the name? just build quality? the name isnt too important, which is why im not just gonna save up for a good gibson.

They are the same except for the name ad the eclipse has 2 les frets, I would rather get the ltd if you aren't big on selling guitars.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=516653&base_pid=516629
There is a huge difference in quality between an LTD and an ESP. More time is spent in construction and better materials are used. Its like the difference between an Epi and a Gibson, I believe.

Quote by darkcheef
They are the same except for the name ad the eclipse has 2 les frets, I would rather get the ltd if you aren't big on selling guitars.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=516653&base_pid=516629

eh, selling a guitar wouldnt bother me. at first i may be "i miss it", then i would be like "this new guitar is better".
Save Gibson

Quote by leftyace
There is a huge difference in quality between an LTD and an ESP. More time is spent in construction and better materials are used. Its like the difference between an Epi and a Gibson, I believe.

No its not, a ec-1000 is basically a eclipse ii with out the name and more detail spent on it, the tuners are the same, same with the nut, and I think the only real different material on it is the bridge and the ec-1000 has a little lower quality mahogany. I say it is not a big difference like epiphone and gibson.