Ok, so im planning on selling my good ol' Fender Strat for USS 500 to my guitar, and I already have 150 bucks, so I have a total of 650 dollars to spend on a new guitar. Now, Im trying to very specific about this guitar as I want it to be a very long-lasting guitar. It needs to have 22 frets or more, HH pickup config or HSS and ill replace the neck with a stack single coil, either a Floyd Rose trem or no Trem at all, it CANNOT be a Les Paul or Les Paul-shaped guitar, and must be good to play Alternative Rock (muse-esque), Classic Rock (zeppelin/hendrix/floyd-esque), Hard Rock(guns/van halen/motley crue-esque) and a tiny bit of metal (a7x/megadeth/ozzy-esque)...although, I just cant seem to find a guitar like this. I am NOT willing to go used.

anyways, any help is appreciated.

thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
If you change your mind with going used you could easily get a used LTD mh-1000.
Last edited by darkcheef at Aug 13, 2009,
esp/ltd, schecter, or ibanez would be your best bet.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
You might be able to pick up a nice schecther for around that price.

The Damien 6 is one I have and it comes optional with/w.o. a FR.

Very nice guitar. EMG Passive pickups which arent as great as the actives but sound really really nice. Great look to the guitar as well.
Overall it plays really nice.

W/O FR is 399.99. W FR is 500.00 I think.
EDIT: ignore this post
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
A Classic would be perfect. But because you don't want to go used take a look at a new Schecter C-1 Artist. That should do quite nicely.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Ooo the Schecter C-1 Artist looks great! What about the Schecter C-1 Lady Luck? Its a bit cheaper, which means I could swap one of the pickups if needed. I once played a Hellraiser and really really liked the neck, so I know ill like Schecters.
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by FingersOfNewby1
You might be able to pick up a nice schecther for around that price.

The Damien 6 is one I have and it comes optional with/w.o. a FR.

Very nice guitar. EMG Passive pickups which arent as great as the actives but sound really really nice. Great look to the guitar as well.
Overall it plays really nice.

W/O FR is 399.99. W FR is 500.00 I think.

I did take a look at the Damien FR but its a Licensed FR, and I would only want a double-locking if it were the real thing.
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
I would just go for the Artist. Set neck, Seymour Duncans= much better value. I have the same pickups in my Classic and they're very versatile, I can get nearly any genre out of them.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
schecter s-1, schecter tempest custom, PRS SE Custom, Ibanez RG350EX....
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
The hellraiser is an immaculate guitar. If you can bite the price tag itd be the best to go with.
I guess ill just get a C-1 Artist and have a bit left to get a nice case..thanks guys!!

edit - question about the c-1 artist...what colour are the pickup coverings...they look black, but could also be chrome?? thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Last edited by alexdoabismo at Aug 13, 2009,