^. I have an Ibanez RG-120, and once I upgrade from my crappy first amp, will I see a difference in my playing? Do cheaper guitars just give out worse tone, or does it affect playability a lot too?
Sending a dummy to my God.

an amp will never affect the playability of guitar. it will only affect tone. a better amp will definately help the tone of a bad guitar.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
It depends on how its made. A Squier strat is cheaper than a Fender strat, but the Squier is still going to play better than the unbranded knockoff.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
When I upgraded my amp, I felt I played much more, got more diverse in my playing style, and got much better. Maybe I was just happy that I had a amp that could do anything and sounded good, or coincidence
cheaper guitars are harder to play on becasue of the bad quality of their neck usually the frets or just the feel of the guitar. you will be able to feel the difference
you wont see a difference in your playing but you will hear a difference in your sound.
RIP George Carlin (1937-2008)
it just depends on the quality of the cheap guitar. my main one is a $150 johnson strat and it plays better than my epi lp standard and plenty of gibsons, schecters, fenders,etc... if you have it set up good itll play just fine
i dont see why everyones saying it wont make a differnce in you playing. I feel a huge difference playing on my crappy flower daisy rock and then playing on my ibanez jem.
Quote by DIFTWOOD
i dont see why everyones saying it wont make a differnce in you playing. I feel a huge difference playing on my crappy flower daisy rock and then playing on my ibanez jem.
real man

ive played a few different guitars.. and although i totally suck.. i can still feel a difference in the neck shapes and stufff.
Quote by DIFTWOOD

I agree. Big improvement the more you pay. You sure do get what you pay for when it comes to guitars.

First guitar I ever had was a really cheap Ibanez GRX model way back in the day and it felt so brittle to play. It jumped out of tune a lot.

I then got an Epi Les Paul Custom and it felt heaps better. Stayed in tune longer, felt smoother to play on.

Now that I have been through loads of expensive guitars, real Gibsons and a PRS Custom 24 and an ESP Ltd EC-1000 I really can't see myself ever spending less than £900 on a guitar.

You will get some great guitars for cheap, but the quality is still far superior in the expensive models and particularly the hand built custom models. In saying that, as you start going from the £1,000 to £3,000 and beyond. The difference in quality is less noticable and is mainly just for cosmetical purposes or for a certain brand on your headstock.
I have 2 cheap guitars and I don't think they've held me back (although I definately want to upgrade to a lot better one).

It's my crappy MG amp thats doing that. I can't get a vaguely ok sound out of it unless I turn the gain to 10 and then it buzz's like ****ing crazy.... I used to quite like the amp and then I realised what a p.o.s it is.
My Gear:

2008 Squier Affinity Telecaster (Special Edition Butterscotch Blonde)
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Marshall MG15CD
Cheaper guitars aren't set up as well as quality ones.
The overall playability of most guitars under $500 is second grade and will only do bad things for your technique.

Plus if your old enough to work reward yourself with some nice gear,
having good gear will motivate you to keep on practicing.
I love white guitars!
I just recently switched my amp from a Line 6 spider 3 to a Crate Plaomino V8,and now i feel like wanting to play even more.Before i thought that my bad playing made it sound band,now i realise it was mostly the amp.And the fact that i'm crap.