hey everyone i play all types of music but mostly metalcore and death metal. like bands job for a cowboy, killswitch engage, atreyu, as i lay dying, etc...i am running an ibanez RG series through a Line 6 spider III HD150 head and my band is playing a lot of shows and the stuff we right is getting more complex and technical so i am shopping for a pedalboard that can hold 5 to 6 pedals. Can anyone give me some tips on pedals i should get for these types of music? Thank you in advance for all of your help
Music is like cand, Throw away the Rappers
If you're using a Spider then I strongly advise against outside effects. The Spider series (along with most modelers) don't take pedals well and the effects will sound like crap. Modeling amps are designed to sound decent with their onboard effects, not with the use of externals.

Maybe look into getting a different amp and then building a pedal board if you're not satisfied with the built-in effects that your amp offers.
thanks metalhead but our new songs require a lot of effect switching and the spider only has four channels so even if i can just stick with the channel switcher from line 6 would a wah sound even a half way decent with the spider...and can you recommend any other amps?
Quote by asilivestanding
thanks metalhead but our new songs require a lot of effect switching and the spider only has four channels so even if i can just stick with the channel switcher from line 6 would a wah sound even a half way decent with the spider...and can you recommend any other amps?

Do you have a budget?
well for a good i can probaly dish out about 700 but no more than that...would i need a new cab also?
The Peavey 5150/6505 is pretty much the staple amp for metalcore bands (there are some other amps used such as Krank Revolutions, VHT Pitbull, etc. but in most metalcore guitarists' rigs you're gonna find a Peavey 5150/6505).

Peavey recently released the 6505 1x12 combo - it can be found brand new for $600. I strongly recommend checking one out. And if the one speaker doesn't provide enough headroom for your tastes, the amp has an external speaker jacks so you could hook it up to a cab.

I also recommend swapping whatever speaker(s) you will be using for some Celestion V30's (or a V30 clone such as a Warehouse Speakers Veteran 30 if you're on a budget). The V30 is the staple speaker for pretty much every genre of metal and the 6505 paired with a V30 will give you the perfect metalcore tone, imo.
thanks im running my spider cab with celestions now but im ganna definatley check out tha combo at guitar center as soon as possible
Quote by asilivestanding
thanks im running my spider cab with celestions now but im ganna definatley check out tha combo at guitar center as soon as possible

Np man. The amp may not be your cup of tea but for the bands you listed it is the best amp for the job, imo.

As for the effects, are there certain ones that you're after (phaser, delay, reverb, etc?). If you name the effects that you're looking for then we could help you find the best ones that fit your budget