Page 1 of 10
Searched the pit, no topics on this, so yea..

For me Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance from Avenged Sevenfold, both are amazing guitarists. Also Michael Paget from Bullet For My Valentine.
Flame shield much?

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
My dad.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I really don't know who influenced me to start... but Satriani and Bellamy have kept me going.
GO YANKEES!
Myself. I wanted to express how I felt in a different way. Our Lady Peace pushed me a lot to continue playing though.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
at TS influences!

my biggest influence when i started was jimi hendrix and slash but ive grown much since then.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
obvious dip **** is obvious... not a troll, seriously searched the pit and nothing
Quote by elekguit
Myself. I wanted to express how I felt in a different way. Our Lady Peace pushed me a lot to continue playing though.

i clicked the heart and im really glad i did cause it was awesome
Frontbassman sucks in the nicest way possible

Kevin and Kelsey 12-03-2007

Hmm, wasn't there a thread exactly like this today?

Hope this isn't the return of the dreaded parallel thread. Dun Dun Dunnnn
Carlos! Not at the table!

Quote by TSmitty6
funniest part of the show for me: everyone yells SLAYER, all the time. so this one dude goes up to the esspresso stand and yells LATTE!!!!!!! and the lady spilled the drink all over the customer.
Quote by A7X3DG

For me Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance from Avenged Sevenfold, both are amazing guitarists. Also Michael Paget from Bullet For My Valentine.

ok...let's see here... synyster gates and michael paget are.... ok guitarists, but those bands are terrible.

but, so im not just attacking, probably Kris Norris, Chris Storey, my uncle and Oli Herbert

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
One of my science teachers from like 5 years ago, as well as a camp counselor I had once.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by A7X3DG

*hands flame shield*

John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, Synyster Gates, Paul Gilbert
"Seize the day" I heard him say,
life is not always be this way,
look around hear the sounds,
cherish your life while you're still around
my best friends when i was 15. i was bored of playing video games so i asked them what to do and they said play guitar. funny thing is that i've surpassed both of them at guitar and have made the decision to be a career musician.
Quote by A7X3DG
obvious dip **** is obvious... not a troll, seriously searched the pit and nothing

Should've searched electric guitar. This thread has been done millions of times. But that's not what i was referring to.
Gates and Vengeance!?
Shiiiiitt. I wouldn't wanna meet the man who is influenced by that hogwash.
Probably looks like an emo ***.
Okay the TS may sound like a troll, but let's just ignore it and continue from there.

Me and a couple friends wrote a couple of terribly cheesy parodies of songs in 3rd grade. So me, being the idiot I was back then said one day, "We wrote so many songs! We should have a band." From there my friend took up guitar.

I went home that day and told my parents and they said, "You should play bass, there's not enough of them in the world." I then proceeded to rent a bass and loved it, eventually buying my own. After a few years of bass, I decided to take up guitar too. One Christmas my parents got me a cheap Strat knock-off from Costco. Back then, it was a pretty good guitar, considering I was only using it too learn on. And then blah blah blah... here I am today with my current guitar. The End.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Srv.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
Keep the flaming up, I'm loving it. Its the music I like, they may dress emo but does that mean that I'm emo looking? **** no
Evh
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey Vypyr 30

I believe that Don't Stop Believing is overrated. There are far better Journey songs out there.
Quote by A7X3DG
Keep the flaming up, I'm loving it. Its the music I like, they may dress emo but does that mean that I'm emo looking? **** no

Well if you're influenced by talentless emo ******s.
Then you must certainly be a talentless emo ****** as well.
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx

Ok you lost me, so you don't like the bands, thats fine I don't care. But how are they talentless? Enlighten me
Daron Malakian of SOAD, and my friend had a guitar and Id always play it. Couldnt get enough, so I bought my own, which I played SOAD with lol.
Dimebag, Randy Rhodes, John Petrucci, Chris and Michael Amott and of course my dad aswell....he bought me my first guitar.
Eddie Van Halen
Quote by hide_the_beer
"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

crazy?

Quote by hide_the_beer
Aw man. Out of context! People are going to think I'm crazy.

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

nope
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx

+3021, seriously, they though up nicknames for themselves to sound more BROOTALZ and came up with the gayest names ever, zacky vengeance...c'mon. they wear eyeliner and look like huge emo ***************s. it doesn't mean you dress like them, but it means your music will be proportionately horrible.

EDIT: that is a huge censor

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Last edited by SPBY at Aug 14, 2009,
LEd Zeppelin....but Ive never actually learned one of their tunes
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by SPBY
+3021, seriously, they though up nicknames for themselves to sound more BROOTALZ and came up with the gayest names ever, zacky vengeance...c'mon. they wear eyeliner and look like huge emo ***************s. it doesn't mean you dress like them, but it means your music will be proportionately horrible.

EDIT: that is a huge censor

This. Your biggest influences is what guides your music in my view
My dad.

Had a band in the 80's called "Wizard". Damn good band they were.