hey everyone. I've been playing a little over 8 months now, practice regularly, and properly from what i understand is proper practice. but i've just kinda been stuck in a rut the past week. i don't know exactly what is wrong. but maybe some of you who have gone through this can give me some advice on how to advance my playing.
Quote by shadowmaster036
hey everyone. I've been playing a little over 8 months now, practice regularly, and properly from what i understand is proper practice. but i've just kinda been stuck in a rut the past week. i don't know exactly what is wrong. but maybe some of you who have gone through this can give me some advice on how to advance my playing.

To improve, keep practicing theory. To have the will to play, learn different songs and don't you dare rely on tabs. That seems to be the biggest error with people.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
you're not gettin any help in the pit sorry to tell you.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Explore new genres, jam with others (even if you fail bad you might get something out of it)
It's a phase that self-taught people go though.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by The Lock
jam with others (even if you fail bad you might get something out of it)

This +Infinite

After a little less than a year of playing, I met this kid on myspace who started about the same time as me and I went over to his house and he was AMAZING! I was such a noob though, struggling to play Velvet Revolver and he was busting out a ton of full Metallica songs... he got me into listening to Metallica (who are now one of my favorite bands) and I practiced constantly wanting to keep up with him. He drastically impacted my playing. Do this.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Aug 14, 2009,
You've hit "the wall" my friend. Just take a break, try another instrument, workout, play video games, do something else that suits your fancy. Then try again when that gets boring. You'll come back to it with a different perspective and maybe even learn more and learn faster than before. It works great for me anyway.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Quote by Skully12
You've hit "the wall" my friend. Just take a break, try another instrument, workout, play video games, do something else that suits your fancy. Then try again when that gets boring. You'll come back to it with a different perspective and maybe even learn more and learn faster than before. It works great for me anyway.

Yeah, I'd say this.

Not to long though, maybe a few days.
LARGE TEXT