Hi,
I'm new-ish to the guitar, and am trying to learn the kryptonite song by three doors down.

Now, I know all the parts, and what to do; however, when I get to the part of the song right after the intro, where the guy says "I feel there's nothing I can do", I can't seem to get the strumming rhythm down! I've deduced it to 1, 2, 3 & 4 &, where the whole numbers are down, and the &'s are up strokes. It just doesn't seem to sound right! Is that that correct pattern? (I'm using B minor, G, and A chords, so the problems not there)

I play an acoustic. Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!
Welcome to UG.

Your not really supposed to post guitar questions in this particular forum but I'll go with it.

Basically the only thing you can do is just keep doing until it sounds/feels right to you. There isn't really a "right" way to do it. You might be able to find a video on YouTube or something that shows you how to play it, but basically, you should just keep messing with it until it feels right, That's how learn guitar good.

Again, Welcome. Hope I helped.

Oh yeh, you can introduce yourself here if you'd like.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by bluethunder2512
I would play it 1 2 _+4

I don't understand this. Does this mean 1, 2 & 3 & 4 &? I'm still not very good at reading this type of stuff, but I understand it if it's put into whole numbers, and &'s.
Quote by biga29
Welcome to UG.

Your not really supposed to post guitar questions in this particular forum but I'll go with it.

Sorry, didn't know . I've been trying different ways to go about strumming these chords, but finally narrowed it down to what I originally posted. I've been watching the videos on you tube, but they just don't seem to have what I'm looking for . I've gotten better; though, since when I first started doing the song I thought I was supposed to do, 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & lol. I didn't realize it was a big deal to do up and down strokes =P.
Quote by guitar-n3wby
Sorry, didn't know .
You're a newbie. There will be a lot of things you won't know, right away. No worries, mate. We'll help.

Refer to this thread often: Important: New Members FAQ
There's a description of each UG forum that will help you know which forum to use for your different needs. Be sure to read the announcements and stickied threads in each forum you visit. The rules and procedures vary.

There are also sections that explain signatures, avatars, and other functions. And whenever you don't understand how to use different features, you can always ask here in the Newbie forum.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.