Okay so I'm looking at buying a Wah pedal, a Distortion/Overdrive pedal, a chorus pedal, and a Delay/Loop/Reverb pedal.
I have a budget of $300, (I know a previous post said $600, but FML my TV died on my today, had to go out and get a new one.)
What are the best valus buys, and I don't want to max out the budget if I don't have to. Whats the cheapist pedal for each of these without completely making buying it pointless because of lack of... Well effect.
and please everyone... STAY ON TOPIC!
You've gotta be who you are,
and don't be what you're not.
If you want to be of the world,
then you can't be of God.
I'd say buy good stuff now, what you can, and save your money for later, rather than buying cheaper stuff now that you'll want to replace later anyway. Do you really NEED all those pedals right now? Get a few nice ones, and leave the rest for later.

My friend runs a bass through a Metal Muff w/ Top Boost, and gets a Muse tone out of it. And you can't go wrong with a Crybaby Wah. If you're looking for Delay and reverb, you may consider a Space Echo, which I LOVE, but this is also PRICEY. You could get a Boss DD-3. Not so sure about a reverb; I just use my amp's. You won't be finding a cheap loop pedal I'm afraid.
Wah, the standard price for a wah is about £100, or $110-120 (acording to guitar center) so there you can get either a Dunlop Crybaby, a Morley wah (either the double wah, of TM Steven Fonk Wah) or a Snarling Dog Bootzilla.

Distortion/Overdrive, now these are completely different pedals & sounds (IMO), so for just an overdrive I'd look into a Digitech Bad Monkey, for a distortion, I'd look into a fuss style pedal, like a Big Muff derivative, although if you want something in between, I'll hole heartedly advise getting the Ashdown LoMenzo Hyperdrive (although after looking on musicians friend, it is bloody expensive!).

Chorus, I think Digitech is again a good place to look for a chorus, they make a nice versatile bass chorus, although I do also really like the DOD Ice Box Stereo Chorus.

Delay, now I don't know that much about delays, but you're best looking at digital delays in your price bracket, as they're generally cheaper, but you could also check out a sort of "jack of all trade" delay, like the Digitech Digidelay. After having a quick look on musicians friend, the Ibanez DE-7 might be a good delay for you to try out.

So, price up time!
Wah - Morley PBA-2 Dual Bass Wah Pedal - $105.99
Distortion/Overdrive - Digitech Bad Monkey - $49.95
Chorus - Digitech Bass Chorus - $69.95
Delay - Ibanez DE-7 - $69.99
Total = $295.96

Not much change, but to get a really good FX set up out of that amount of cash is asking alot.
Quote by higgins666
Wah, the standard price for a wah is about £100, or $110-120 (acording to guitar center) so there you can get either a Dunlop Crybaby, a Morley wah (either the double wah, of TM Steven Fonk Wah) or a Snarling Dog Bootzilla.

Distortion/Overdrive, now these are completely different pedals & sounds (IMO), so for just an overdrive I'd look into a Digitech Bad Monkey, for a distortion, I'd look into a fuss style pedal, like a Big Muff derivative, although if you want something in between, I'll hole heartedly advise getting the Ashdown LoMenzo Hyperdrive (although after looking on musicians friend, it is bloody expensive!).

Chorus, I think Digitech is again a good place to look for a chorus, they make a nice versatile bass chorus, although I do also really like the DOD Ice Box Stereo Chorus.

Delay, now I don't know that much about delays, but you're best looking at digital delays in your price bracket, as they're generally cheaper, but you could also check out a sort of "jack of all trade" delay, like the Digitech Digidelay. After having a quick look on musicians friend, the Ibanez DE-7 might be a good delay for you to try out.

So, price up time!
Wah - Morley PBA-2 Dual Bass Wah Pedal - $105.99
Distortion/Overdrive - Digitech Bad Monkey - $49.95
Chorus - Digitech Bass Chorus - $69.95
Delay - Ibanez DE-7 - $69.99
Total = $295.96

Not much change, but to get a really good FX set up out of that amount of cash is asking alot.

Wow, thanks man. Thank god Musicians friend doesn't charge tax
Kinda not suprised the Wah is most expensive.
I'll check them all out.
You've gotta be who you are,
and don't be what you're not.
If you want to be of the world,
then you can't be of God.
Quote by Lemurs4mangos
Okay so I'm looking at buying a Wah pedal, a Distortion/Overdrive pedal, a chorus pedal, and a Delay/Loop/Reverb pedal.
I have a budget of $300, (I know a previous post said $600, but FML my TV died on my today, had to go out and get a new one.)
What are the best valus buys, and I don't want to max out the budget if I don't have to. Whats the cheapist pedal for each of these without completely making buying it pointless because of lack of... Well effect.
and please everyone... STAY ON TOPIC!

Wah - lots of options. Personally, I like the Ibanez Weeping Demon. Very versatile and I love how you can change how it operates (either auto on/off with a spring or springless with a switch). Morley, Dunlop and Snarling Dogs produce good wahs for the masses.

Distortion/overdrive - depends what you want out of it. If you want a lightto moderate overdrive, the Fulltone bass drive and the Sansamp VT bass or Bass DI are good bets. There aren't very many good distortion pedals for bass. There are quite a lot of fuzz pedals out there though, so if fuzz is your thing, check out bassfuzz.com and see if any look good.

Chorus - I'm not fond of it, and don't know much. Here good things about the boss and digitech models for the price though.

Delay - well, it depends what you want from it. If you want to do looping, you should look to invest in a pedal that is designed to do looping, which will be digital. Same applies if you want some really weird delay sounds. If you just want shorter, more natural delays (with a bit of natural modulation), it may be a good idea to look into an analogue delay.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1