Page 1 of 5
first of all RIP Les Paul. Huge influence of mine.

Now something a guy I work with emailed to me...it is about a guy named Gary North and his website of all his works. Since 1973 he has been working on writing a verse by verse account on why the Bible MANDATES free market capitalism. Now the pdf files are monster walls of text, talkin like 700+ pages no lie. But the verse I thought of was like Matt 19 somethinorother that says its easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to go to heaven. And Jesus says that you should give up your riches for god instead. North explains that we should have money and god. but some of his points seem to contradict here and there. Anyway the part im talking about is about 12 pages in the Matthew pdf file (Priorities and dominion: an economic commentary on matthew) starting at 422 about the rich young ruler. Who knows if this will interest the pit? But I found it fascinating how much this guy is convinced of this stuff and how dedicated he is to it. discuss.

edit: forgot the link:
http://www.garynorth.com/public/department57.cfm
Last edited by j.dub at Aug 14, 2009,
Well, the Bible's good for kindling, but it burns up pretty quickly.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
haha yeah btw im not a religion fan...but this is interesting nonetheless
John Stewart, a few hours ago.

Had some dude on talking about basically this.
really? i like the daily show but i missed it tonight...what guy?
Quote by VanCamp
Well, the Bible's good for kindling, but it burns up pretty quickly.

Smells great too
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
Sounds like a bourgeoisie plot to keep the proletariat from throwing off the chains of economic oppression. I believe Karl Marx covered that already.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Sounds like a bourgeoisie plot to keep the proletariat from throwing off the chains of economic oppression. I believe Karl Marx covered that already.

Sounds more like the opposite. The free market has a load of good logic behind it, but bull**** like this cheapens it, and makes it easy to poke fun at.
I don't even bother reading nonsense like this. He's just a brainwashed republican trying desperately to connect his faith and his selfishness.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by j.dub
really? i like the daily show but i missed it tonight...what guy?

some dude.
Quote by captaincrunk
Sounds more like the opposite. The free market has a load of good logic behind it, but bull**** like this cheapens it, and makes it easy to poke fun at.

Are you questioning the economic mind of Dr. Jesus H. Christ, PH.d.?
Dont mean to be a nag, but shouldnt this be in the Religion thread>
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by StewieSwan
I don't even bother reading nonsense like this. He's just a brainwashed republican trying desperately to connect his faith and his selfishness.

yes exactly...fascinating specimen

and yeah i couldnt decide on religion or politics thread...so i just went pit. sorry
Last edited by j.dub at Aug 14, 2009,
Quote by blackthought
Are you questioning the economic mind of Dr. Jesus H. Christ, PH.d.?

He has a middle name?
love is love // return to dust
i knew the bible promoted capitalism anyone willing to open themselves up to this idea will surely see it.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by blackthought
Yes, it's Harold. I though everyone knew that?

"Our Father who art in heaven, Harold be thy name..."

Quote by blackthought
People live their lives based on the Bible?

LOL

I know right? I mean, who the hell thinks it's a good idea to treat everyone equally and promote love and peace?
Quote by Fenderhippie69
i knew the bible promoted capitalism anyone willing to open themselves up to this idea will surely see it.

Sarcasm?
Quote by technicolour
I know right? I mean, who the hell thinks it's a good idea to treat everyone equally and promote love and peace?

Those dirty communists! The nerve...
Quote by ToughGuy123
lol at all the tough guys bashing religion like it makes them cool or something.

What do you bash tough guy?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
What do you bash tough guy?

Other tough guys
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by stevve
Sarcasm?

im afraid not in that post of mine.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Fenderhippie69
im afraid not in that post of mine.

Even with all the love the poor and, the camel needle thing?
Quote by technicolour

No, no, you're thinking of some other book. We're talking about the Bible, the one with the crazy sky god.

But we digress, seeing as how this isn't the religion thread.
Quote by ToughGuy123
Other tough guys

God hates badasses. Now what are you going to do?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
sky god? okay there pocahontas.

Point being, the bible can mean a lot of things depending on how you interpret it. It can even, in this case, promote capitolism.
Quote by Jackal58
God hates badasses. Now what are you going to do?
I'm Agnostic. I also just don't care. And if there is a God and he hates me well...****.
Quote by technicolour

Point being, the bible can mean a lot of things depending on how you interpret it. It can even, in this case, promote capitolism.

I once managed to validate stoning my children through that thing, useful tool the bible is.
Quote by technicolour

It can also promote intolerance, hatred, elitism, sexism, homophobia, ..............
That list could go on for quite some time. Depends on how every Tom Dick and Harry in the world interprets it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by ToughGuy123
I'm Agnostic. I also just don't care. And if there is a God and he hates me well...****.

I don't fucking care either.
We even Tough Guy?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by captaincrunk
And since its all god's world, its all church, so they have to stfu everywhere.

You have successfully converted me.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Page 1 of 5