I bought dimarzio virtual solo for the bridge pickup on my strat..im swapping it out

any instructions? impretty confused i already flipped the pickguard upside down ..

the dimarzio has red, green, black, white ..the stock only has 3 red green black.

Also does it matter which way the pickup face? like how do i know which end is for the High E and which for the low E
27mMoV31II7.a2
Well I could be wrong, but im assuming the pickups in your guitar are passive, and if you have new active pickups, the black wire could be a ground.

I dont think it matters which side is which, becuase left handed players use the same pickups as right handed players.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Well your pickups are going to come with all the wires your going to need for a guitar with 3 knobs(usually)

How many knobs do you have on your guitar?
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
The red wire is hot, and the green wire is ground. I think.. It should face the same way as the other pups, with the wires facing towards the bridge. I've never actually installed 4 conductor pups myself, so I'm not sure what to do with the other two... If you're not splitting the pup, perhaps just wire the red to where the previous pup hot wire is (the red one maybe?) , the green to ground and the other two to where the previous black wire is. Wait are you dealing with the S1 switching too?

PS I'm no expert and everything I say comes off the top of my head..... the good thing about rewiring a guitar is that you're dealing with such low voltage that you can screw up without permanently damaging your guitar... or you can do crazy wiring ideas to see what happens.
yes im dealing with the S1 switch too..but im not sure how that would make the wiring differnt
i just need to know which wire goes where and...what is HOT ?
27mMoV31II7.a2
The hot wire will be the Dimarzio Red wire. I'm not sure what it will be on the current Strat pup (companies use different colors) but it should be the wire going from the pup to the selector switch.
k so red goes to pickup selector...
where does the green, white, black go.... the white and black are "soldered together" already apparently
27mMoV31II7.a2
Ok..

http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/stratocaster/0101200_02A/SD0101200_02APg2.pdf

This is what the inside of your strat looks like now, right?

If you just wire the Red and Green Dimarzio wires the same as the corresponding Red and Green Fender wires (Red to selector switch, Green to ground), and then put the Dimarzio white/black wires where the current Fender Black wire is... that should work. Maybe probably.

EDIT: By "ground" I mean soldered to the top of that second potentiometer in the diagram.
Last edited by stratman7 at Aug 14, 2009,
Why has no one mentioned the wiring diagrams on seymourduncan.com???
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)