so, at school, i do music as an op subject, and i really need a good mark on this assesment. I've found ways to relate all my other writing tasks back to metal/metalcore/hardcore stuff.

However, This time, its MOTOWN!

i have nothign against motown, its just not my style and im finding it very difficult.

i am using guitar pro 5, so, i need help to get started,

Oh! and also, i have to write a

Drum Piece
Guitar Piece
Vocals
Bass Piece

any help would be AMAZING.

Much love.

joeljurassic
Invent Motowncore.
It will be like, I Killed the Prom Queen, but instead of Ed Butcher, the Jackson 5 (Or what's left of them...) will be doing the vocals.

Serious reply;
Motown songs are normally simple and catchy, they tend not to be much longer than 2-3 minutes.

My only 'real' advice would be to go and listen to some artists who are classified as Motown and go and find some influence from there, I mean, when you write metalcore and what not, you're influenced by bands you like, right?! So why on earth shouldn't you atleast try finding an influence in this genre?
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Aug 14, 2009,
Motowncore sounds like a pretty sweet idea. Almost as jizztastic as when I made a polkacore song. I think we should all conspire a (insert completely non-metal, non-heavy genre here)core uprising.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
I've written Polkacore before aswell

I like the idea of this uprising, I like it alot...
I'm tempted to start looking for Jackson 5 acapella's now and do some remixing

Don't blame on the sunshine,
Don't blame on the moonlight,
Don't blame on the good times,
Blame it on the *insane drum fill that sounds like FSPFPSPFSPFSPFSPFPSFPFSPFSPFSPSP DUN DUN DUN!* BOOOOGIEEEEEE*chugchugchug*RAWWWRRRR*blastbeats*YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Aug 14, 2009,