ok i can play raining blood, war ensemble, and spill the blood all by slayer of course.
now, would you consider that to be of a good guitar player?
i also play some metallica, but without the solos,

so anysongs you guys can suggest that will help me with solos??
i <3 asian girls.
I really can't judge a person on a couple of songs that are VERY similar, how much theory do you know, whats your song writing skills, do you know more songs, and are you sloppy? Also a video of you improvising would judge skill the best.
Just because you say you can play someone's songs doesn't make you good. You need to expand your horizon and look at more types of music, then to start composing and playing your own music based on your own style.
I've seen a guy play For The Love of God perfectly... and then later on not be able to improv worth a crap over a simple progression. I consider this guy a crappy guitar player, regardless of his ability to copy.
ok i forgot to mention that yeah i can write my own stuff nice, and yeah when i improvize it comes out really good (riffs only...solos....nooo)

so anyways, anybody know any good beginner solos?
i <3 asian girls.
Quote by jrock888000
ok i forgot to mention that yeah i can write my own stuff nice, and yeah when i improvize it comes out really good (riffs only...solos....nooo)

Smells like teen spirit solo is super easy.
Nothing Else Matters solo...

1st solo of Master of Puppets...

Fade to Black solo's aren't very hard either...
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
Nothing Else Matters solo...

1st solo of Master of Puppets...

Fade to Black solo's aren't very hard either...

ok i got the 1st solo of MOP down, but fade to black!
idk i looked at the solos on my guitar pro, and it seemed crazy i got the speed but not the accuracy yet for that
i <3 asian girls.
u seem like the regular metal kid, you learn a couple covers and then you think your gods gift to guitar....well ive been there too hahahaha

in about a month or so you'll look back and think woah....i sucked back then, but now i shred.

this will happen in cycle for eternity
Quote by jrock888000

course it sounds good. you wrote it so its gonna sound good to you.
Comfortably Numb (ALL SOLOS) by Pink Floyd.

It also teaches you some sweepin bo yay bongo d00d.
Gannon Bracewell's

Music

Page!

Check Out My Tab's as well
Quote by jrock888000
i got the speed but not the accuracy yet for that

That is one of the worst FAILs I've seen someone say lately.

You CAN'T have the speed if you DON'T have the accuracy. SPEED is a BYPRODUCT of ACCURACY!!!
Practice doing more improvising, writing and theory to improve And don't go around with the mentality that playing Slayer songs makes you a good guitarist they're basically all:

-----------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------
------------------------6-7-8--------------------
-000-000--000--000--------------------------------
or something

EDIT: Lol, eXperiment is right as well
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Last edited by Shredoftheday at Aug 14, 2009,
Quote by Ghold125
Just because you say you can play someone's songs doesn't make you good. You need to expand your horizon and look at more types of music, then to start composing and playing your own music based on your own style.

+1
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Imo what makes someone a good guitar player, is not how well they play other peoples songs, but how well they can create their own songs,
Brilliant, you can play notes. That's the baby step.

Now make them sound good.

A good player will make even a simple phrase sound amazing. The rhythm, groove and feel of a piece of music is what makes it great.
You do know that to be a good guitarist you have to be good at Rhythm and Lead guitar. You can't just expect to learn a few solos and be amazing, up until last year I was good at playing solos but once I played in a band as a Rhythm guitarist I was terrible but now that I got my Rhythm sorted out my solos sound good cause I can through some Rhythm in. Also work on your feel when you're playing a solo cause could you imagine like an Eric Clapton or Slash solo without vibrato.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
If you wanna get good, you need to learn some Malmsteen because everyone knows he's the best guitar player EVER since he can play classical music on the guitar.
Quote by jrock888000

you dont know solos scales or or general improv
and ur playing range is limited

yeah u arnt very good
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.