This is a simple question. I was just wondering if you could special order a les paul standard from gibson with a particular color, hardware, etc? Like maybe a discontinued color? I have been hearing the prices of les pauls are going to skyrocket with the passing of Mr Les Paul. I've been looking at les pauls online at guitar center and musicians friend and they all look too "run of the mill" and ordinary. I would like something unique if i'm ever able to afford one, which is why i posted this question.

Thanks
Its called the Gibson Custom Shop. They build guitars to the exact specifications of the consumer. You should look into it sometime.

Oh, well, only if you've got about 10 grand laying around.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
You think it's going to be cheaper to get a custom painted Gibson, then a production one?
Quote by Ghold125
You think it's going to be cheaper to get a custom painted Gibson, then a production one?

It would if you got a luthier to build you a Les Paul...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
You can special order anything if you have enough money. Im almost sure theres a gibson custom shop, and im also pretty sure its going to cost you somthing around 5 or 6 grand, and that my friend, is not worth it.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
If you don't have to have a Gibson, there are a ton of companies that make Les Pauls.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
If you don't have to have a Gibson, there are a ton of companies that make Les Pauls.

Then it wouldn't be a real les paul.

Unless of course its an Epipiphone. (however you spell it)
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
If you're looking for a custom guitar then contact First Act and talk to them. Their custom ordered guitars are made by the guys in the Gibson Custom shop.
The custom-made Gibsons aren't much more expensive. Five grand? Ten??? You guys obviously haven't done your homework. Getting a custom Jackson or Fender costs a lot more because they're not handmade. They have to come off the production line, get handpainted, and then go back into the production line. The Gibson custom shop (and many other brands too) that do things by hand don't upcharge much, since it's just a matter of walking over to the shelf and picking up a different bottle of paint.

A custom shop Les Paul is about three thousand. Getting one in a different colour, or weight-relieved/chambered/whatever only adds a couple hundred bucks. Now if they have to mix a new colour it might cost more, but any colour still in their line is like $100 more. You just don't see many funky-coloured Les Pauls, since almost everybody buying a guitar that price wants it to look traditional. And because most of their market is buying off the shelf.

Ask your local Gibson dealer for a price quote. You might be surprised. I asked our Gibson rep some questions about that, and he told me that even adding all the most expensive options, you'd be hard-pressed to ever pay more than $4500 for a Les Paul, even with gold hardware, custom paint and inlay, and crazy binding.

Unless you wanted a Tree of Life inlay or something of course.
Quote by jean_genie
The custom-made Gibsons aren't much more expensive. Five grand? Ten??? You guys obviously haven't done your homework. Getting a custom Jackson or Fender costs a lot more because they're not handmade. They have to come off the production line, get handpainted, and then go back into the production line. The Gibson custom shop (and many other brands too) that do things by hand don't upcharge much, since it's just a matter of walking over to the shelf and picking up a different bottle of paint.

A custom shop Les Paul is about three thousand. Getting one in a different colour, or weight-relieved/chambered/whatever only adds a couple hundred bucks. Now if they have to mix a new colour it might cost more, but any colour still in their line is like $100 more. You just don't see many funky-coloured Les Pauls, since almost everybody buying a guitar that price wants it to look traditional. And because most of their market is buying off the shelf.

Ask your local Gibson dealer for a price quote. You might be surprised. I asked our Gibson rep some questions about that, and he told me that even adding all the most expensive options, you'd be hard-pressed to ever pay more than $4500 for a Les Paul, even with gold hardware, custom paint and inlay, and crazy binding.

Unless you wanted a Tree of Life inlay or something of course.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Fender CS > Gibson CS.

And I seriously doubt that getting a gold hardware, black beauty with 3 buckers and a good bigsby, locking tuners etc costs 4500 bucks with gibson.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.