I've been thinking of going back up to the store I got my amp from, mainly to see if the footswitch is in yet, but I was also thinking about getting a job there. How much do you think I'd need to know to work there?
Well honestly you probably dont even have to know what a capo is, but Im sure your more valuble to them with some knowledge. Just lurk WTF is a tab's thread about amps and you should get some sort of feel for it
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
well if its GC u just need to know how to be a prick
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
well if its GC u just need to know how to be a prick

Nah, it's a local store (well, not that local, but it's not a chain).

Quote by RU Experienced?
In before crappy Line6 Spider III jokes.

One of the guys tried to convince me to buy a Spider Valve actually. I told him I wasn't looking for one of those.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Aug 14, 2009,
Quote by Alex Vik
Nah, it's a local store (well, not that local, but it's not a chain). And the two guys I saw there weren't prickish.

I think you should just try the amps and guitars out when its dead and then make suggestions to people based on your preference.
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by Alex Vik

One of the guys tried to convince me to buy a Spider Valve actually. I told him I wasn't looking for one of those.

Is it just me or does it seem like those are the most pointless amps ever invented?
love is love // return to dust
Quote by icaneatcatfood
How to be friendly, play a pentatonic scale and how to change strings. Maybe how to do a setup.

With all this, you'll be able to sell anything!

Yaaaaaaaay. I can do all three. Well, I can pretend to be friendly.
1+1=3
Pretty much covers it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Guitar Center/Sam Ash/Large musical instrument store chains:

nothing. It's like the Walmart or Target for snobs who can dildo around some pieces of wood, but are too scared to go to Home Depot.

Anything else:

A little above that.

That's just judging from what I've seen. Have you tried asking them?
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Quote by Alex Vik

Some ass hat from GC tried to get me to trade in my Gibson LP Classic for a ****ty Robot...
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Quote by Sopheydood
Guitar Center/Sam Ash/Large musical instrument store chains:

nothing. It's like the Walmart or Target for snobs who can dildo around some pieces of wood, but are too scared to go to Home Depot.

Anything else:

A little above that.

That's just judging from what I've seen. Have you tried asking them?

Not yet, since I went in there once and wasn't gonna ask that day.
From what I've seen of local Guitar Center and its employees, I'd say you don' have to know anything about music to get a job there Just be a good salesperson.
I don't know if it's everywhere, but my local Best Buy just recently put in a little guitar-store-nook thing. They sell Epiphones and Fenders (and some other random names as well). I went in and asked if they sold pickups and the guy running the register asked "like... trucks?" I 'd right there.

If I had to choose a music store to work in, it'd be that one. I'd get promoted in a week.

Plus Best Buy has a good employee discount Get discounted guitars and video games from the same place.
Quote by NightEmbers
you gotta have sales experience... which is what i lack but i'll be damned if i didnt know a decent amount behind just about everything in that store

Well, my dad would probably help me with that seeing as he's been in sales for many years. I could probably sell a Spider. I'd feel horrible once they left the store, but I could probably do it.

Quote by Seref
I don't know if it's everywhere, but my local Best Buy just recently put in a little guitar-store-nook thing. They sell Epiphones and Fenders (and some other random names as well). I went in and asked if they sold pickups and the guy running the register asked "like... trucks?" I 'd right there.

If I had to choose a music store to work in, it'd be that one. I'd get promoted in a week.

Plus Best Buy has a good employee discount Get discounted guitars and video games from the same place.

Holy crap. I wouldn't need much of a discount, the store only seems to sell Ibanez, Squier, Yamaha, and Epiphone, and I'm saving for an LTD and Schecter.

Quote by GoldsteinAMoA
You need to know what you have in stock..thats all

I figured out the majority of what's in stock while I was there.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Aug 14, 2009,
A LOT,currently doing work experience for a week in one and you seriosuly need to know everything about everything