I'm wondering how exactly a wireless setup would work for an amp...I saw a guy at my college who had a what looked like an extra box on top of his amp, and his guitar cord was in his pocket...I talked to him after his show and he said that his wireless system could be heard a few blocks away from his house.

How would you setup a system like this? Where could I get one?
You can buy one off the internet (musician's friend, music 123, etc) or possible in your local guitar store.

Be ready to dish out some serious cash if you're looking for something decent, though!
you know those cheap wireless vocal headset mics from wal-mart? just plug the receiver into your amp, and clip the input box onto your guitar strap. then plug the headphone jack to amp cord into your guitar. and you now have a full wireless setup...for $19.95. Only downside is, these only work from about 0-150 or 175 feet away.
Quote by living dead kid
you know those cheap wireless vocal headset mics from wal-mart? just plug the receiver into your amp, and clip the input box onto your guitar strap. then plug the headphone jack to amp cord into your guitar. and you now have a full wireless setup...for $19.95. Only downside is, these only work from about 0-150 or 175 feet away.

I'm not aware of these headsets...do you have a link or the brand name?
Quote by living dead kid

The quality will be horrible and you will pickup a lot of interference. I don't recommend doing this at all.
An another downside might be that the quality is pretty terrible. I'm pretty sure of that.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.