Got a Tonebone hot british today. A steal at $100. It was gathering dust in the corner of a small music store. gotta love craigslist. Best sounding distortion pedal i've used so far! haha. I can sure see what i don't like but it sounds awesome through my amp. i might change the tube in it like some have recommended.

Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Last edited by pmeg568c at Aug 14, 2009,
HNPD!

Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
a mini review of this pedal

I was a little skeptically as I always am about new gear, especially after reading mixed reviews. First of all this was not very noisy at all, especially since i was plugged into my low input on my amp. It only got noisy with the level all the way up.

This thing has lots of gain. the gain at like 1 or 2 o clock is almost too much. The mid boost and voicing switches are awesome and the contour control works really well with them.

Another thing that surprised me is that this pedal did not really color my tone too much. I was afraid it would sound good but not as good as the overdrive from my amp, but it actually retains the amps unique gain structure while basically giving me a mid-boost which i desperately needed. Next i will try to use it as a boost. maybe that will give me the best sound.

I have yet to change the tube but from what i've heard any tube is a better choice than the stock JJ so it can only sound better!

This pedal NAILS 80s metal haha. When i played it i felt like i was in journey or something haha. You can get that huge hollow compressed arena sound haha.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
How do you think it would do at turning an American voiced amp british?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
as long as the amp has a good clean channel it should be awesome. but keep in mind it still drives the preamp of your amp even though you aren't using it so you would want to keep the master high and preamp low. Sort of find the place where you get maximum clean headroom and volume while not cranking the preamp volume on your amp too high.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob