Page 1 of 6
what things really piss you off when playing guitar? i always hate snapping a string and i have snapped the nut on one of my electrics and just the other day a tuning key snapped on my classical :@
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
I just bought Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings for my Strat and by high e string broke.

At least it was $5.
Gannon Bracewell's

Music

Page!

Check Out My Tab's as well
Quote by nitestick
i have snapped the nut
That's all I saw.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by haz_uk
when you ding guitars on stage with someone in your band.

I CAN'T LOOK

+1

I'd rather throw a child into my friend's bass headstock instead.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
When one string falls badly out of tune half way through a song

And when I cant think of what to play
When you're playing in a guitar store, and someone show up who's way better xD
Hagström Swede Goldtop

Modified Squier Strat
When the frets ignite from playing too fast :/

When i show up at a guitar store and someone is playing worse than me.
Last edited by xMetalCoreKingx at Aug 14, 2009,
When kids at GC play JEMs on Spiders.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Strings breaking when changing.

Funny story though, one time while changing strings my high e broke high up by the headstock and instead of buying a new one I just tied it together.
When I'm in the middle of a nice improv and I stop focusing and f*ck it up.That and when I lose a Jazz III 5 seconds after I set it down bring my piss to a boil.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

When I find a new problem with either my guitar or amp... THEY KEEP COMING OUT OF NOWHERE.

Damn dodgy gear.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
When someone recommends me a modeling amp or Ernie Balls....

I know I'm weird
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Pr0gNut
When I'm in the middle of a nice improv and I stop focusing and f*ck it up.That and when I lose a Jazz III 5 seconds after I set it down bring my piss to a boil.

or when you drop a jazz III and it somehow bounces into the next galaxy and is nowhere to be found.

carpets = black holes for picks.
When gear start breaking down

plus when people think i suck or im not that great because i dont play fast
Quote by MoogleRancha
Good going, dickwad.
Quote by Le_Bunny
When you drop your pick mid-song and have to stop and awkwardly reach to the floor all the while with a sharp cutaway in your gut.

Learn how to play with your fingers.

I hate people who can play fast as hell and shred like crazy with a pick on a flying V but you hand them a classical guitar and no pick and they don't know what to do.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
If i'm not mistaken the pit > americas health system.

DREAM THEATER

Gear;
Gould LP
Samick strat
Tanglewood strat
Squire 4 string bass
Alto saxophone
I never really break strings but the other guitarist in my band has broken 3 strings in the last 4 practices, and 2 of them were low E's. The 3rd was his A. It was retarded
Quote by Just Andrew
That's all I saw.

lol. well it made me rage, it was a second hand guitar and i'd just got it that day, i had to replace the strings and as i was tensioning up the low E the nut snapped right at that edge, the flying piece almost took my eye out.
My Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Bugera 6262-212
A dead fret on my favourite guitar, well, my only guitar.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by RayToroIsAGod

I hate people who can play fast as hell and shred like crazy with a pick on a flying V but you hand them a classical guitar and no pick and they don't know what to do.

yeah. Matter in fact anyone who can play decent metal but cant play anything else makes me rage
Quote by MoogleRancha
Good going, dickwad.
Quote by haz_uk
or when you drop a jazz III and it somehow bounces into the next galaxy and is nowhere to be found.

Omfg yes X 1000

I'll drop a pick and it somehow falls 5 feet to the right,makes a turn at my amp stand,and ends up behind the pile of guitar cases in my music room/office.I gave up on trying to find them so I just bought a bunch of jazz III's in bulk from some dude off ebay.They arrived in a rolled up sandwich bag stuffed inside a random envelope like they were pot or something .

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Snapping a string on my acoustic. I have 2 real fears in life, one of which is this. The other is airline toilets.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by haz_uk

haha yeah i lost a pick last night, no god damn idea how it disappeared. i keep looking for it as if it were valuable but i just want to know WHERE the f**k it went
My Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Bugera 6262-212
when my Marshall MG15DFX sounds better than three times more expensive Line 6 Spider III.
When I'm playing a song I don't play so much and I realize I forgot the solo just 5 seconds before I need to play it.
When my g-string snaps at the nut.

Maybe I should just wear boxers...
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Quote by RayToroIsAGod

Hey screw you I do fingerpick. Some songs/genres/sounds just require a pick.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Yeah, if you drop the pick during a sweep you can't continue with fingers.
Quote by Le_Bunny

Exactly.

Finger picking only works for certain things.Only guitar n00bs and simple minded tools think finger picking solves everything .

Unplugging my guitar, even though I always bring the cable under my strap. I haven't broken a string in almost year so I can't comment on that. When my tone sounds fizzy and thin, it happens with different outlets in my house. Damned tracted housing
When you try to replace strings, and in the process break one of them. and you dont have another set. and the closest music store is 30 minutes away. and you cant drive.

or when someone asks you to "play something". I KNOW DOZENS OF RIFFS AND SONGS. WHAT DO YOU WANT????
Dropping a pick and continuing to strum with your hand... and shredding your knuckles in the process >_>

(Yes, I know I should probably use my thumb... but I just sort of flick the back of my fingers across the strings instead)
When someone calls me or texts me while I'm playing. Or my mom makes me quit playing half way through a song. Usually, if she wants me I'll finish the song, but sometimes I don't get so lucky. Anytime I have an awesome idea running in my head and to the guitar then I am interrupted. Breaking a string. And a story from last year(think I've told this in another thread and many have something similar) I play a guitar solo at school right? Well, afterwords a kid 3 years younger than me comes up and says "Can you play Through The Fire and Flames on expert on guitar hero?" Me: "No. I barely even play guitar hero." "Well, can you play it on guitar?" Once again I say no and he says I should learn it.
I hate when I put on a new string and you start to tune it and it gets really tense and you think you're close to breaking it and it slips over the part round around the tuning machine and you're back to a really loose string.

I also hate when I poke one of my fingertips so much that it hurts to play. I once had a sliver from a tuna can in my index finger, hurt like hell to play for about a week. Never got that thing out, actually.