Fakes and copies, im really interested on people's thoughts on them, do they worth the low tag? are they quality stuff or even.. hit and miss items?
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
fakes very low quality not worth giving an ounce of thought

"By regional statutes, in the most countries, it's not only a felony to sell counterfeit merchandise, it's a felony even to own it."
Fakes are not worth it, but copies are sometimes better than the original.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Adrian89
Fakes and copies, im really interested on people's thoughts on them, do they worth the low tag? are they quality stuff or even.. hit and miss items?

I think you need to define what you mean by Fakes and copies..

Are you referring copies where the original has given permission or is doing it themselves, like say Squier is a copy of Fender, but is actually manufactured by fender themselves. Same with Epiphone, is manufactured by Gibson.

Or do you mean literally a Fake, like a few have been seen on Ebay, claiming to be real Gibson Les Pauls selling for like $350. And after a little investigation they are clearly Fake.

If you're talking about copies where the original manufacturer has given their permission or does it themselves, then yes, they are usually worth the going rate.
Subject to a little debate, but pretty close to on par.

If you're talking about Fakes, where the original manufacturer did NOT give permission, then NO. Don't support piracy as someone else said before me.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Aug 14, 2009,