Poll: Which 'Mock The Week' regular do you prefer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which 'Mock The Week' regular do you prefer?
Frankie Boyle
140 49%
Andy Parsons
14 5%
Russell Howard
57 20%
Hugh Dennis
24 8%
I don't know/ I've never watched it/ I don't like the show.
53 18%
Voters: 288.
Page 1 of 4
Brief explanation for Americans who are deprived of this awesome show.
Mock the Week is a comedic panel show aired in the UK, thursdays 10pm. Hosted by Dara O Briain - with four regular comedians and two guests - the show makes fun of the past weeks news.

My question is this, which of the four regular comedians do you prefer, Frankie Boyle, Hugh Dennis, Andy Parsons or Russell Howard?

For me it's Frankie Boyle,
"I just watched the footage of Saddam's Hussein's execution...
It made me wonder if there is anything on the internet that I wouldn't masturbate to."

I think they should axe Andy Parsons, his delivery is always painfully slow and it irritates the hell out of me.

Anway, let me know what you think. I'm curious to see if anyone will defend Andy Parsons...
Better than Jesus, Megatron and T-Rex combined.

-
(. Y .)(. Y .)
- ) . ( - ) . (
- \ v / - \ v /

This ^ is why I'm right.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
David Mitchell should be regular, he's better than all the regulars, its madness.

This is true, also peep show is epic.
Better than Jesus, Megatron and T-Rex combined.

-
(. Y .)(. Y .)
- ) . ( - ) . (
- \ v / - \ v /

This ^ is why I'm right.
bill bailey.

he is not on it, but he should, so he gets my vote.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Tea Cup

I think they should axe Andy Parsons, his delivery is always painfully slow and it irritates the hell out of me.

Feck orf. He's not my favourite but he does have some golden moments.
Russell Howard for me.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by rigiddigits
I Russell Howard

I second this.

I also think it's a shame that Frankie doesn't do the stand up round anymore.
+1 to people saying David Mitchell. I think he should replace Andy Parsons.

I love the fact how Frankie is the master of the show. In fact they're all good except Andy Parsons.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Frankie Boyle is by far the best. I agree that David Mitchell should be a regular. I can't think of anything that wouldn't be better with the addition of David Mitchell.
Frankie Boyle:

"People used to think I was one of the Proclaimers, so I grew a beard. Then people just thought I looked like a paedophile. That got me thinking, what is it about he beard and glasses look that children find so sexy?"
Russell Howard's getting much better. I watched him on Live at the Apollo the othe rnight and it looked like he was on speed

Nobody beats 8 Out of 10 Cats' John Locke though
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Russell Howard's getting much better. I watched him on Live at the Apollo the othe rnight and it looked like he was on speed

Nobody beats 8 Out of 10 Cats' John Locke though

John Locke? Do you mean Sean Lock?

He's funny, but I've met him, and he's a twat.
Quote by Tea Cup

Yeah, I agree. The worst thing about it though is that his jokes are so predictable so you know exactly what he's going to say but you've gotta wait about 10 years for him to finish saying it.
I think Russell Howard's great but after watching him on a couple of different shows, he uses the same jokes over and over. I haven't watched it in a while but I hope he has some new material.
Quote by CE49
Yeah, I agree. The worst thing about it though is that his jokes are so predictable so you know exactly what he's going to say but you've gotta wait about 10 years for him to finish saying it.

Plus his walk to the mic gets more laughs than his joke.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
John Locke? Do you mean Sean Lock?

He's funny, but I've met him, and he's a twat.

Sean sorry, not John Locke
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by yeoman125
Plus his walk to the mic gets more laughs than his joke.

Haha. So true.

Just thought of another thing - he looks dead smug when he's told a joke...IT'S HIS JOB!!!
Andy Parsons is actually my favourite. I think the way he tells his jokes are really funny.
Such a hard question..........

I'll choose Frankie. He really pushes stuff to the limits. Russell is great though, and Hugh.
My Gear:

2008 Squier Affinity Telecaster (Special Edition Butterscotch Blonde)
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Marshall MG15CD
Probably Frankie, although Russell Howard would come a close second for me.
If you watch the first and second series in the producer list will be Bill Matthews, my uncle. Unfortunately i'm too young to have gone to a recording.
Frankie > Andy > Hugh > Russel.

Dara is better than everyone though, as is David Mitchell when he's on it.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Hugh Dennis, I love his delivery of his jokes, his quite middle class demeanour, he's just excellent!
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
Frankie everytime. Although I love Hugh when he does the voice overs on the newsreel footage. The one of the Queen and Prince Phillip in turkey (I Think) was so funny.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I think Russell Howard's great but after watching him on a couple of different shows, he uses the same jokes over and over. I haven't watched it in a while but I hope he has some new material.

All Stand ups do this, unfortunately.

Great if you catch the show once but if you see them on a few different thigns then it gets repetative.

Prefer Frankie off of that list but Dara overall.
yeah you cant just do new stuff for every single thing so i do not really get the criticism. but a good comedian is also funny while improvising. you can almost always tell what stuff they have done before.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Baby Strange
All Stand ups do this, unfortunately.

Great if you catch the show once but if you see them on a few different thigns then it gets repetative.

That's why I like comedians that interact with the audience and use improv.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
That's why I like comedians that interact with the audience and use improv.

yeah hecklers ftw.

search for bill bailey- belgium on youtube. now that is a heckle of epic proportions.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
**** i want to kick andy parsons in the face.

His jokes are simply awful and his voice... OH HIS VOICE

****ing hell
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Frankie Boyle is a twat, a funny twat I'll grant you, but a twat nonetheless.

It's close between Hugh Dennis and Russel Howard, but I voted Russel.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Hugh Dennis, although it was a tie with Russell. His Velociraptor impression made me cry

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Demon Wolf
yeah hecklers ftw.

search for bill bailey- belgium on youtube. now that is a heckle of epic proportions.

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Russell Howard or Dara O' Brian. As a Scot, Frankie Boyle pisses me off a lot with the way he overuses the "being a Scot" card to get laughs. He's still funny though.
Frankie Boyle.

EDIT: Goddammit, whalepudding.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Aug 14, 2009,
Page 1 of 4