Ok guys, so I found a nice deal at e-bay and i have a question since i'm new to the site...This is what i get on the shipping and taxes:

Shipping and handling
US $149.00

Service
Expedited Int'l Flat Rate Shipping

Shipping insurance
US $5.00 Optional

My question is: is that 149$ all i need to pay extra?? And what about VAT etc...
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
You'll have to pay for customs charges too.

Normally when it comes through customs you get charged for the customs processing, a handling fee and also VAT. It gets expensive.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
You'll have to pay for customs charges too.

Normally when it comes through customs you get charged for the customs processing, a handling fee and also VAT. It gets expensive.

Wow that sux! How much would that be?? Anyway when you say through customs you mean??
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
VAT is payable on goods, carriage and insurance. Duty is, I think, only on the goods. It is seldom worth it to bring items from USA unless it is rare and expensive.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

The guitar with the shipment is 1040$. Is this gonna be expensive??
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
As long as the seller uses USPS and not DHL or UPS etc., you're gonna be OK. If I were you, I'd try to avoid shipping insurance if possible, since it usually attracts attention from customs.
WTF is usps? :P Guys i told ya i don't know ****...
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
USPS=United States Postal Service (not to be confused with UPS)

USPS takes the packages through customs themselves (usually with no extra cost) whereas with DHL you usually need to pay something extra to get it through customs. Never mess with customs if you can avoid it, they tend to hold packages for long periods and can charge pretty much anything they like.
150 buck shipping is a fuking rip-off
I got 3 guitars sent to me via USPS before and they all went under 60 USD. Talk to the seller, dude. Many of them often choose the more expensive option then go for the cheaper one which probably take 4 days extra to deliver.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Aug 14, 2009,
Ok the guitar was meant to be a surprise but you guys can't wait so it's an ESP LTD Mh-1000Fr Snow White! Secondly that's waht he answered me when i asked him about shipping:
hi, shipping is via purolator/ups
thanks,
Steve

So tell me is this any good or uber ****??
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
I recently bought an amp for $1500 (+$150 p+p), and it cost me £46.95 VAT. So as VAT is charged depending on the value of goods then it'll cost you around £30-35 VAT.

As for your guitar I don;t know if it's any good lol
Quote by Ripper1
I recently bought an amp for $1500 (+$150 p+p), and it cost me £46.95 VAT. So as VAT is charged depending on the value of goods then it'll cost you around £30-35 VAT.

As for your guitar I don;t know if it's any good lol

Isn't it more like 30% of the total price for the Custom fees + VAT? Not living in the UK but I think the same system applies to most Europe countries when it comes to import.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

VAT in the UK is 15% on top of the value of the goods it was recently lowered by blithering moron i mean gordon brown from 17.5%

so if something is worth £1 with no VAT you add 15% to give £1.15, but normally VAT is shown in a price and there are certain goods you don`t pay VAT on such as paper, that`s why a good music theory book is better than a dvd hypothetically speaking. and guitar lessons are VAT free as it counts as education.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 14, 2009,
In Greece VAT usually goes for 19% but I don't care about that...With Shipping and VAT the price is around 900 euros...I just need to know what happens with any other taxes etc. Could there be anything else i need to know??
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
Quote by FretKiller
In Greece VAT usually goes for 19% but I don't care about that...With Shipping and VAT the price is around 900 euros...I just need to know what happens with any other taxes etc. Could there be anything else i need to know??

Yes, there is something

If customs officials decide to tax your guitar (unfortunately, this is very common in Greece, they can pretty much tax any parcel they want, if its >50&euro you will have to pay for someone to deal with all the paperwork to get it out of customs (about 80-100&euro. Of course you CAN do it yourself but it's gonna take about a day and LOTS of walking in Venizelos airport...

PS: Check this out, it pretty much covers everything
PS2: I hope you live in Athens because otherwise you may have to pay for extra shipping from Athens to the place you live
Quote by FretKiller

hi, shipping is via purolator/ups

As stated earlier: UPS =/= USPS

USPS = United States Parcel Service

UPS = United Parcel Service

Ask to send by USPS and not UPS