what's the best jackson guitar for 600$ budget (or lower) i was going to the dxmg dinkey but i thought i should ask in here
All depends on preference. The Dinkey is very good, but the King V is good as well. It depends on if you like the V shape. In that price range, Jackson makes some of the best guitars.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
i like the v shape guitars soooooo much but as a new guitar player i would prefere to have a non v shaped guitar cuz as people told me it will be much harder to play with
Quote by larrytheguitar
All depends on preference. The Dinkey is very good, but the King V is good as well. It depends on if you like the V shape. In that price range, Jackson makes some of the best guitars.
Try to score a SLSMG/SLS3/SL3/RR5/RR24/KV5FR/KE5FR (in other words a top of the line neckthru MIJ jackson) second hand.
If you don't want to buy second hand i guess your best bet is the DK2/DK2M/DKMG/RR3/KE3
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
any specific one? that's a long list to choose from
Quote by LP_CL
Try to score a SLSMG/SLS3/SL3/RR5/RR24/KV5FR/KE5FR (in other words a top of the line neckthru MIJ jackson) second hand.
If you don't want to buy second hand i guess your best bet is the DK2/DK2M/DKMG/RR3/KE3
Quote by larrytheguitar
In that price range, Jackson makes some of the best guitars.

I beg to differ. They DO make crazily good guitars starting at 1000$: the necktrhu MIJ models are almost unbeatable in their price range. But from 500-1000$ they aren't the best guitars I've played. I'd go for a Edwards/LTD or lower end Ibanez prestige in that price category. (This coming from a huge Jackson fanboy and Ibanez hater!)
IMO, a bolt on Jackson is not a Jackson. Not because of the bolt on, but because of the serious quality difference. Don't get me wrong, they are fine guitars, with a good tone, but they are too expensive for what they are. I mean:
700$ for a RR3, while you can get a LTD 1000 deluxe series for only 50$ more?? Come on!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
There's nothing hard about playing V's. I actually started on a V and now I always hold my guitar in the classical position when I sit down. It's much easier to access the higher frets this way, and I find it a lot more comfortable.

Look at the Jackson Pro Series. I'm seriously considering getting a DK2M Dinky, but that's a bit above your price range ($699.99). Of course, if you're considering buying a used one, go for it (the Pro series, that is).
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
Quote by metalish
any specific one? that's a long list to choose from

Well, regarding quality, the SLSMG/SLS3/SL3/RR5/RR24/KV5FR/KE5FR are the same. It depends if you want EMG pickups or SD's, a floyd rose or not, ebony fretboard or rosewood, 1 or 2 pickups, a V shape, classic shape or explorer shape, ...
That's all up to you.

EMG's: SLSMG/RR24
Floyd rose: SL3/RR5FR/RR24/KV5FR/KE5FR
Ebony fb: SLS3/RR24
1 pickup: RR24
Strat shape: SL series
V shapes: RR and KV series
Explorer-style: KE
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
I beg to differ. They DO make crazily good guitars starting at 1000$: the necktrhu MIJ models are almost unbeatable in their price range. But from 500-1000$ they aren't the best guitars I've played. I'd go for a Edwards/LTD or lower end Ibanez prestige in that price category. (This coming from a huge Jackson fanboy and Ibanez hater!)
IMO, a bolt on Jackson is not a Jackson. Not because of the bolt on, but because of the serious quality difference. Don't get me wrong, they are fine guitars, with a good tone, but they are too expensive for what they are. I mean:
700$ for a RR3, while you can get a LTD 1000 deluxe series for only 50$ more?? Come on!

VERY good point.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I would of bit the dust already on the dxmg dinkey, but it has passive emgs. Other than that it is a solid guitar for only $530, and it comes with a free jackson stool if you get it off of musiciansfriend.
Most likely not something you can just run out and buy, but many people who are much more accomplished players than me have very good things to say about my 1988 Charvel/Jackson Model 4 the first time they play it... and it has been pretty much the only guitar I have been playing for over 15 years...

If eBay's the new Blue Book, they are selling in the $300+ range... more than what I paid for mine used back in the day...
Quote by irnmadn88
Most likely not something you can just run out and buy, but many people who are much more accomplished players than me have very good things to say about my 1988 Charvel/Jackson Model 4 the first time they play it... and it has been pretty much the only guitar I have been playing for over 15 years...

If eBay's the new Blue Book, they are selling in the $300+ range... more than what I paid for mine used back in the day...

Very very very fat +1. But '80's charvels model 4/5/6 are hard to find these days.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by metalish
i like the v shape guitars soooooo much but as a new guitar player i would prefere to have a non v shaped guitar cuz as people told me it will be much harder to play with

Its not, my first real guitar was a Jackson RR. Theres lots of people (people who dont own V's) who say that a V is hard to play (its not) or you cant play it sitting down (You can, just play classical position). Id say its actually easier, because you dont get much better fret access than a V.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

DUDE!!!

At Power Alley Music you can buy a DK2 for $600 and believe you me thats the way to go!
guys guys guys
stick to the price range cuz some of the guitars u told me about are 1000+$ guitars and this is soo not helpful for me
i really like the ke3's. you can find an older one for less then 600
if you like sustain, and playability I would go for a dk2s...the newer models go for about 1000, which i know your looking for something less, so maybe try to find a deal on that or something similar used, also the older models go for about 400 on ebay
oh and maybe look into a schecter...they have some awesome sounding c-1s in that price range, or like some people said you can find some decent ibanez's in the range that may give you just what you are looking for.
Well if you are willing to wait and look around, an older Jackson Soloist Pro/Rhoads Pro would probably be the best bang for your buck. In fact, if you can find ANY Jackson with a JT-590 trem, it would be worth every penny.

The newer Jackson MIJ guitars, although nice, don't hold a candle to the early/mid 90's ones.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Last edited by lespaulrocks39 at Aug 14, 2009,