hey guys, i was wondering, is it possible to convert an amp from an electric guitar amp to a bass amp, and only if it will cost less than it would to just buy the cheapest bass amp out there (like 60 or 70 bucks) its a marshall MG10, thanks for the help, and if it is possible any information regarding how i would do it would help as well.

thanks
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
imho, it would be cheaper and simpler to buy a bass amp. The tone controls on a guitar amp will be a little different from a bass amp, but that isn't a big problem. A guitar speaker really isn't intended for the lower frequencies of a bass. AND the cabinet itself won't work as well at lower frequencies (most guitar combos are open-backed, not enclosed)

for the price of a guitar amp and an appropriate upgrade for the speaker, you could just buy a proper bass amp.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
well by open backed do you mean the little cut between the wood at the bottom of the amp and the controls, because on the marshall the back is fully covered, you can not see the speaker. is that what you meant?
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Yeah, that's what I meant. The speaker in that amp is only a 6.5".
Doubtful you'll find anything in that size that will be well suited to a bass.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
if it were a larger amp it might be worth your while, but like SYK said for the price of what you would need to do it would be better to just buy a bass amp.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}