Graphite Nut

Gotoh tuners

Tone/volume knobs- Blackened chrome with pearl

Gotoh bridge

Shadow Kill Pot

Shadow tone Pot- DPSP - push/pull

Graph tech String tree

No1 Stretchy white strap

Here are some virgin pics of the guitar.

Update: Everything has been ordered, I've decided to take the guitar to a shop for the bridge and nut to be fitted. I don't trust myself with a drill and I'm worried about screwing it up for good.

Here's a pic of the mocked up with some of the new hardware.

Just received the guitar back from the shop. The bridge/tuners were put on. There was a problem with the nut, Graph tech don't do one suitable for Pacifica that can fit easily. The strat slotted one i bought was too small and too thin. The guitar luthier had to make a custom one from graphite.

All in all it cost £80 for the parts/nut to be fitted.

I've received all my parts!
Just have the wiring to finish. I had a few problems with that, but managed to over come them thanks to the internet.

Here's a few pics of the guitar waiting for the scratch plate full of yummy new pickups.

Another update

I finished wiring the guitar up and putting it all together. Still needs a decent setup though, as I'm getting some fret buzz. I decided that I'm going to rewire the guitar with some decent wire and attempt shielding the guitar. I want to rewire since the middle pickup is out of phase with the coil tap anyway, and it'l make it neater on the inside. The shielding is purely because it's cheap and helps reduce hum of course.
The jack plate has cracked slightly and the input socket is loose and horrible so I'm going to replace those as well over the next week.
The kill switch is great fun!

The guitar is dedicated to buckethead, hence the killswitch, white stretchy no1 strap, dimarzio Tonezone.

I highly recommend the Iron gear pickups, they're great bang for buck. Great clarity and warmth. I can't tell the difference between higher priced pickups sound quality wise. Of course tone is subjective but they don't hum as loud as the old cheap stock pickups and have more sustain and clarity and depth.

Here are some new pics off how it looks now with the scratch plate/nice new knobs.

The pearl on the volume/tone control has a strange 3d effect when you look at them.

Last edited by vegetoe01 at Sep 16, 2009,
Have a look on WD Music or AllParts...let me know what you are after and I can do you a deal on the stuff mate. 20% off.

I also paint guitars.

I am doing up a Pacifica, filling the routes, removing pick guard, etc...
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Aug 14, 2009,
Quote by cedricsmods
What is this 20£ tonekill pot?

I meant this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=866__QJg9LQ

shadow kill pot sorry*

Quote by Skeet UK
Have a look on WD Music or AllParts...let me know what you are after and I can do you a deal on the stuff mate. 20% off.

Woah, that'd be fantastic! I'll definately have a look and see what i like
Last edited by vegetoe01 at Aug 15, 2009,
Last edited by vegetoe01 at Aug 17, 2009,
Not sure if this helps but I put Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro IIs in the neck, middle and bridge (humbucker) positions on my Pacifica 112.

I absolutely love the neck and middle, the bridge doesn't have a lot of bite but meh, 2/3 ain't bad
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by vegetoe01 at Aug 18, 2009,
I got your PM. I had actually already sent you one the day before. Did you get my reply? Or the first one?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by Skeet UK
I got your PM. I had actually already sent you one the day before. Did you get my reply? Or the first one?

I don't appear to be recieving any PM's.

Feel free to Email me @ (removed)

Here's some good news, i recieved my Tone zone today.

F spaced for the pacifica
Last edited by vegetoe01 at Aug 23, 2009,
Another update

Almost everything has been ordered, special thanks to Skeet U.K.

Only things left to get are:

Shadow Kill pot

neck and middle pickup

Just bought a graph tech string Tree from Ebay.

Edit: Ebay store was out of stock. FFS
Last edited by vegetoe01 at Aug 23, 2009,
I've always thought Pacificas were pretty darn good for entry level guitars; nice to see someone bothering to upgrade one!
Hi this is the closest thread I could find about the Pacifica: d'ya know what make and size (resistance) the standard pots were? I'm repairing a friend of a friend's and I can't find the details on the web. I would take my own Pacifica apart and have goosey but it's at my bandmates place and I don't the axe-in-question to hand yet.

Thanks for any help folks.
pretty sure it's 250K and you don't have to use the exact same pots, but Yamaha probably have their own private stock.

You really didn't need to resurect this thread though
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
sorry fella, I didn't notice the date of the last post 'til I posted.

I'm going to pick it up now and have a look, thanks though.