Page 1 of 2
no offence - you are in NO position to be offering lessons kid

you need a lot of practice before you can even consider trying to teach someone else how to play

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I'm about to load some stuff on you

1. Do you actually like playing AC/DC and Iron Maiden and such? Learn some other stuff, expand man.

2. Focus on muting, there's a lot of feedback going on

3. Get a better amp

HOWEVER, you're still pretty young. I'm 15 now I think with practice, by the time you get to my age you'll play some killer stuff.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
thanks for the feedback i appreciate it. I'm 13 years old and have been playing for a year and about 2-3 weeks. I do want to let you guys know that I do have a great amp but the camera buzzes and it doesn't have good video quality so thats why some songs I play sound bad. I also want to point out that at my guitar class I was the best player chosen by the teacher and I will admit I do need some work but for my age and for as long as I've been playing I'm pretty good. And larrytheguitar I also enjoy playing AC/DC and will soon make cover vids of their songs, Metallica but I am not good enough to cover them yet. And please do not watch my earlier guitar covers they suck watch the ones where I am in my garage but you can watch any band cover vids. I recommend you to watch my newest Communication Breakdown cover vid it is the best one.
What age you are is irrelevant, along with the period of time since you first started playing the guitar. It's all about how much time you actually practice and FOCUS. A 13 year old can be as good as a 20 year old - it's all about how much effort you put in.

Im sorry to inform you aswell that your Line 6 Spider III amp is widely regarded as a very poor sounding amp so try and not blame your camera even though it really does reduce the quality.

Keep up the good work and remember - 1 hour of quality practice is better than noodling about for 8 hours.
Thy Woodzy I practice for 2 hours straight every day I have band practice once a week for 5 hours straight so don't even go there and to me its the best amp I've ever had wich are Roland MicroCube (my first), a Fender Ultimate Chorus (givin to me as my second), and my Line 6 Spider III 15 (my third and latest one). And Unborn thanks for the nice feedback I uploaded it so my teacher could see how I was improving at the song and I'd be glad to check out your youtube
Quote by dubvcrazy
Thy Woodzy I practice for 2 hours straight every day I have band practice once a week for 5 hours straight so don't even go there and to me its the best amp I've ever had wich are Roland MicroCube (my first), a Fender Ultimate Chorus (givin to me as my second), and my Line 6 Spider III 15 (my third and latest one). And Unborn thanks for the nice feedback I uploaded it so my teacher could see how I was improving at the song and I'd be glad to check out your youtube

Your complaining about my feedback which was actually helpful yet you are thanking Unborn when he said it was painful to listen to?
sorry i didn't mean to complain like that its just that i do take my time and practice and dedicate my time to guitar and just made me made so sorry if i came on wrong and everyone whos following this thread please check out this over the hills and far away intro it sounds better but it has some lag i was using my webcam when I filmed this so heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr3cthzzeY4 . and on my newer covers my dad filmed with the camera cuz I was playing for family and freinds at a cookout.
I'm going to take the low road here and say something.

Please, for the love of god, play for a good 6 months before you try to show off to anyone. Right now, watching your covers is worse than watching "Whammy without a whammy bar".

You're on the right track, keep practicing, but don't subject anyone to it but yourself.

Also, you've been through three amps in 2-3 weeks of playing? The f*ck?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Wulphy I've been playing for over a year and I really don't see why everyone on here thinks I'm terrible cuz I'm not I'm one of the best guitar players in my school. And my teacher said I'm the best kid hes ever taught so I think all of you guys on here have nothing else to do but flame a thirteen year old cuz after a month of playing I had learned all of the pentatonic scales and began to learn solos so I wanna see how many of you guys could do that in your first month of playing.
You cant be serious? We are NOT flaming you. Everyone has given you constructive criticism and your completely taking it the wrong way. Also, you dont have to try and impress everyone by telling us how quickly you learned the pentatonic scale because frankly, no one cares.

It's all about having fun and learning at your own pace.
nones flaming me on here just on frickin youtube and i'm giving you guys an idea that i don't suck
Quote by dubvcrazy
Wulphy I've been playing for over a year and I really don't see why everyone on here thinks I'm terrible cuz I'm not I'm one of the best guitar players in my school. And my teacher said I'm the best kid hes ever taught so I think all of you guys on here have nothing else to do but flame a thirteen year old cuz after a month of playing I had learned all of the pentatonic scales and began to learn solos so I wanna see how many of you guys could do that in your first month of playing.

Well .. you might be the best guitar player in your school and your teacher might say your awesome... but you still need alot of practice.

Take one of your cover, then look up another cover of that song on youtube with 5 stars all through and ALOT of views, then compare the covers and see if you really think you are nailing you covers.

You are only getting flamed because you are saying you are an awesome guitarist when your not, you being thirteen years old doesnt matter either, its acually harder to start when your older.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_thFiMuC1A&feature=channel_page
There is a video of me, after 5months of guitar playing.
Last edited by vismbr at Aug 14, 2009,
i'm not saying an awesome guitarist i'm just saying i don't suck and some people say i do and its ticking me off i know i need a lot of practice before i'm like page or sumtin but i know for a fact that i don't suck
No offense but i have been playing for like 7 months and i'm like vismbr (in his video) but yeah you need to practice and from your videos i recommend tempo and alternate picking although you have been playing more time that doesn't mean you have to be good for master the instrument you have to spend years.

Just my 2 cents.

^ UG FTW!!!!

And im thirteen too.
Main Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Flextone III
Last edited by carlosyugui at Aug 14, 2009,
Here's some constructive criticism. On your attitude.

Kid, there's actually not much of a difference between "terrible" and the state you are now. You're not much of a step up from "terrible," and by terrible I mean somebody who's picked up a guitar for the first time. No matter what you say, you honestly have to admit that you're still at a beginner level. And that's okay, you'll get better, but don't be a dick about it. Don't just talk out of your ass. Generally, people have only been flaming you because you're flaunting the fact that you're 13 and you know guitar. So what? Big whoop, tons of people have started at younger ages. If they're modest, people will typically try to be nicer to them. But if you go around getting mad and defending that half assed video that you claim is good against everybody, then you have anger issues and it's probably not far before you either kill yourself or somebody else.

And I'm not trying to write this in an angry tone. This is simply me slapping you on your face while you're asleep, trying to get you to open up your eyes.
"What are those wooden things? Chairs?"
"No, they are acoustic instruments."
"Acoustic? What's that? Oh you mean a grampa's guitar?"
"A grampa's guitar? That's for pussies and grampas. I think you know it."

-Metalocalypse
I'm sorry but if it wasn't for the title I wouldn't have known what you were attempting in the sweet child of mine video.
"What do you mean I don't support your system?"
...and then he has an album called "The System Has Failed"
Also, always tune your guitar before recording something .. sounds way out of tune on all your videos. If you have problems to hear it i find it easiest to just strum a G chord to hear if the guitar is in tune.
Here's some NON constructive criticism/flaming.

HOLY **** THAT WAS TERRIBLE. What makes it even worse is that you've been playing for OVER 1 YEAR... AND practice every day for 2 HOURS. Seriously WTF. Someone who has been playing the guitar for ONE WEEK plays Sweet Child O' Mine like THAT. Everyone denying this is probably just too nice to tell you that.

[EDIT: And no, it's not the camera/amp/guitar or whatever!]

And for gods sake, play with a metronome. I'm super serial!

Because I'm being so mean to you atm, I'll give you this cake to soften the pain:
Last edited by n00bje at Aug 14, 2009,
Quote by n00bje
Here's some NON constructive criticism/flaming.

HOLY **** THAT WAS TERRIBLE. What makes it even worse is that you've been playing for OVER 1 YEAR... AND practice every day for 2 HOURS. Seriously WTF. Someone who has been playing the guitar for ONE WEEK plays Sweet Child O' Mine like THAT. Everyone denying this is probably just too nice to tell you that.

[EDIT: And no, it's not the camera/amp/guitar or whatever!]

And for gods sake, play with a metronome. I'm super serial!

You are the boss!
That's exactly what i wanna say but i don't want to be banned.
Anyway i've been playing for seven months and can play crazy train and almost seek and destroy (for the last part of the solo) and i practice like an hour and sometimes i don't even practice.
Main Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Flextone III
Quote by Maozilla
Here's some constructive criticism. On your attitude.

Kid, there's actually not much of a difference between "terrible" and the state you are now. You're not much of a step up from "terrible," and by terrible I mean somebody who's picked up a guitar for the first time. No matter what you say, you honestly have to admit that you're still at a beginner level. And that's okay, you'll get better, but don't be a dick about it. Don't just talk out of your ass. Generally, people have only been flaming you because you're flaunting the fact that you're 13 and you know guitar. So what? Big whoop, tons of people have started at younger ages. If they're modest, people will typically try to be nicer to them. But if you go around getting mad and defending that half assed video that you claim is good against everybody, then you have anger issues and it's probably not far before you either kill yourself or somebody else.

And I'm not trying to write this in an angry tone. This is simply me slapping you on your face while you're asleep, trying to get you to open up your eyes.

This guy

I missed the fact that you've been playing for a year. Holy crap man... no. I technically started what I was 13. August 3rd was when I started, by birthday is August 12. So let's just say I was 14 when I started. It's been over a year now. I have to say, some days I don't practice that much. And the fact that you practice 2 hours a day seems preposterous.

I'm not trying to brag or to flame you, but I'm no guitar god, therefore, since we've been kind of playing the same amount of time, we should be equal guitar players. Yet I'm much better (no offense).

Now the flame part (and I never flame):

I HATE it when people you're age never stray away from Iron Maiden and Gun's N'Roses and stuff. Seriously, get a grip. Learn some other music. I love those bands, but I'm not trying to learn all their songs because they aren't that great anyways.

He will be missed.
Quote by dubvcrazy

I started sweeping 2 months after i started playing.. You're actually terrible.. keep practicing (or maybe start practicing) and don't upload covers of songs you can't even play..

I'm no guitar god but your attitude pisses me off
Last edited by IHeartMyCrybaby at Aug 15, 2009,
ahahahahahah. Holy ****. ahahahahahah

You are amazing. Don't let anyone else on here tell you other wise. Your vibrato and timing is immaculate and your picking attack is without flaws. Your knowledge of rhythm is machine-like. Your amp and guitar's tone just packs too much awesomeness for your weak camera. ROCK ON!
Quote by Mayo5

You are amazing. Don't let anyone else on here tell you other wise. Your vibrato and timing is immaculate and your picking attack is without flaws. Your knowledge of rhythm is machine-like. Your amp and guitar's tone just packs too much awesomeness for your weak camera. ROCK ON!

thanks man u are awesome for realizing that unlike all the other assholes on here. exactly man i don't really even care what they say they just know they're not any better and feel bad about themselves so they put a 13-year old down. i will be putting more vids on by monday and tuesday so keep watching my channel and if u have a youtube please subscribe.
Quote by dubvcrazy
thanks man u are awesome for realizing that unlike all the other assholes on here. exactly man i don't really even care what they say they just know they're not any better and feel bad about themselves so they put a 13-year old down. i will be putting more vids on by monday and tuesday so keep watching my channel and if u have a youtube please subscribe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
Quote by dubvcrazy

First of all, I don't give a damn about your age. Second... If you've played for one year, 2 hours a day, I'm quite sure you've just been noodlin' around instead of actually practicing. As the first post said, you are in no position to post video lessons, or give lessons at all. Hell, you have a one star rating on all of your videos, except for the ones without a rating. People wouldn't have been this harsh on you if you could only open your eyes and take the criticism... Instead you deny it. Even for a 13 year old, this is kind of pathetic. OPEN YOUR EYES !

Here's some proof that I'm not jealous of your "skills," I'm better than you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ChjCVxYC2M

You're making a fool out of yourself. Stop bragging, and start practicing.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by Mr. Saturn

Quote by dubvcrazy

Quote by Mayo5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

He will be missed.
I pray that this is all some strange social experiment and that you don't actually think you are good...
Quote by eXperiment63
I pray that this is all some strange social experiment and that you don't actually think you are good...

Maybe It's the kid's dad trying to get a few laughs.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar

Or his dad is Axl Rose and he inherited the cockiness.
Quote by n00bje
Or his dad is Axl Rose and he inherited the cockiness.

seriously don't be cocky kid
Quote by dubvcrazy

lmfao this made my day atleast you have confidence kid
Quote by larrytheguitar

don't u even go there
Haha, I love this!
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Page 1 of 2