Page 1 of 4
If we haven't tried it yet we don't know how good it is.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
old news to me, but thanks anyways.

Lets just hope these 16 amp models aren't variations on the III insane channel.
WTLTL 2011

God that would be horrible...

Model 1 : *buzzzzzzzzzzzZ*
Model 2 : *buzzzzdzzzzzzzzzzzZ*
Model 3 : *buzzzzzzzzzghzzzzzzzzzzZ*
Model 4 : *buzzzzzzzzzzzzzZ*

FFFFUUUUUUUUU-

Please tell me it includes a 'SUCK' knob with the values being "more" and "less"
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I'd totally lol if it turned out to be amazing.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Brendan.Clace

Please tell me it includes a 'SUCK' knob with the values being "more" and "less"

Technically, that's a suck "switch".

A knob would have a lot more values.
to be completely honest i've never played or heard a Spider in person...

Is it really so bad? I mean, they're pretty cheap right, lots of effects and amp simulators, could be a fun little practice amp...
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Aug 14, 2009,
Quote by line6
Each Spider IV preset, amp model and effect exceeds the renowned Line 6 standard of sound quality.

If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by pawnluv
to be completely honest i've never played or heard a Spider in person...

Ever heard a bee close to your ears?

No, really, I suppose they are okay to mess around with if you're not a serious player. For the serious player, the Spider II's and III's are S.H.I.T.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
But, but, but, it has a DIEZEL HERBERT MODEL!!!!

...sorry..
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
If they "mini-fied" a Vetta as the Spider IV.....that would be interesting.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
tbh, I think the spider series will always suck. I much rather get a HD147 or used Vettatop if i could find one!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
oh look, much like the MG4, everyone hops on the anti-spider IV bandwagon before anyone's heard it. how mature.

i reckon this one will be pretty good (of course, i'm talking about "as far as beginner practice amps go"), judging by the improvement in the new MG series that so many of you pretend to have not noticed. If they want to compete with marshall in the "overpriced overhyped practice amp" market it's gonna have to be better than the old one was, and halfway decent like the new MG is.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
oh look, much like the MG4, everyone hops on the anti-spider IV bandwagon before anyone's heard it. how mature.

i reckon this one will be pretty good (of course, i'm talking about "as far as beginner practice amps go"), judging by the improvement in the new MG series that so many of you pretend to have not noticed. If they want to compete with marshall in the "overpriced overhyped practice amp" market it's gonna have to be better than the old one was, and halfway decent like the new MG is.

+1
This amp series isn't that bad folks. This is a discount amp that offers a wide array of sounds, granted the many flaws in it's design, but it should always be taken into account that it is such. I don't hear people ripping on Squire guitars because they're cheap. People know what they're paying for, and for the price the Spider series is decent. I used a Spider III 125 Watt for 2 years and no one ever complained....in fact I got a lot of compliments on my custom fuzz tone.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Quote by Blompcube

I thought the new MG's sounded worse than the old models for everything

I do think these will sound significantly better than the Spider III's, though... seeing as Line 6 is losing market with the new Vox VT's and Peavey Vypyr's, who have much better modeling and tone.
I am fairly sure they are "vetta" models they would use for this.

I have an HD147 with the Diezel models, and they are ok. They sound very dark, just like the Bogner models. I have a feeling I can make them more usable, but just haven't had enough time with them.

I thought the spider was a good starter amp, I upgraded from that to a flextone, and then upgraded again to the HD147.

Have they mentioned if you will be able to use L6 Edit on these?
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
Quote by Ingsoc
This amp series isn't that bad folks. This is a discount amp that offers a wide array of sounds, granted the many flaws in it's design, but it should always be taken into account that it is such. I don't hear people ripping on Squire guitars because they're cheap. People know what they're paying for, and for the price the Spider series is decent. I used a Spider III 125 Watt for 2 years and no one ever complained....in fact I got a lot of compliments on my custom fuzz tone.

I totally agree. I mean what kind of sound do you guys expect from a SS cheap amp? Are you expect Mesa tones or Marshall tones? If you are then you are just retarded.

I own a Spider II and for a practice amp I think it is great for what it is. Small, portable, built in effects, and cheap. It does what it does and you can get a decent tone out of it. Nothing like a tube amp, but decent for a SS.

Have any of you tried the Line 6/Bogner amps?
Quote by KoenDercksen
Hahahaha nice one

It's from an olllld thread, i had to go way back in my photobucket for it.
Line6 can obviously do great modeling amps, the Vetta is one of the best out there. As for the spiders, they are made cheap, with crappy "celestion" speakers. I am sure they have improved the effects and models on the new one, and they must know about all the hate on the other spiders.
Quote by Tempoe
Line6 can obviously do great modeling amps, the Vetta is one of the best out there. As for the spiders, they are made cheap, with crappy "celestion" speakers. I am sure they have improved the effects and models on the new one, and they must know about all the hate on the other spiders.

I would not be surprised if this were good. Like someone said before it could be a 'mini-fied' Vetta, which would be incredible. If they took 16 of the most varied models from a Vetta and put them here the Spider hate might soon end...

Edit: Can you imagine the day when UG suggests Spiders?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I'm interested, I'll try one out if it ever hits the street and then form an opinion
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Wow, hilarious stuff everyone.

(Invalid img)

This is going to be the first half-decent Spider model, I reckon. Basically a POD 2.0 in a box, though unfortunately with with a cheapo speaker, cheap ADAC converters and a crappy SS power section. Upgrade the speaker and it could be a decent enough Vetta-on-a-budget.

The FBV boards are still a ridiculously expensive ripoff though.
Providing all the conveniences that guitarists expect from Line 6 amplifiers

I fail to see the self-destruct button.
I would laugh until I puke a lung out if it actually sounded good. It will probably be better than the Spider III logically.
Quote by srob7001
I totally agree. I mean what kind of sound do you guys expect from a SS cheap amp? Are you expect Mesa tones or Marshall tones? If you are then you are just retarded.

The problem then, is that most people are retarded, becuase this is what they buy these crap amps for - the belief they will achieve amazing tones.

Logically, this amp will be an improvement over the III, as the new MG4 is an improvement over the MGDFX. I like how everyone ignores Blompcube when he says how much the new MG has improved. I've heard the new ones too, and thought they were decent, although I would still recommend something else.

As far as Squiers go, yeah they are cheap, but they can be good. It's also much easier to make a mediocre guitar into something excellent. A good set up with some improved hardware can have a Squier playing as good as an American Standard, whereas a digital modelling amp in the Spider vein linear in terms of what you can do to it (i.e. nothing) in terms of mods.

Side note: Squiers Classic Vibe series piss all over the Fender Standard range.
^The Spider III is supposedly a lot worse than the Spider II...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by TheEsupremacy
But, but, but, it has a DIEZEL HERBERT MODEL!!!!

But when they modeled it, the Herbert they had, had blown tubes.
Page 1 of 4