Poll: How often Do you play video games?
Poll Options
View poll results: How often Do you play video games?
I don't play them at all.
14 12%
Not much. >5 hours/week
35 30%
About an hour a day.
13 11%
About two hours a day.
27 23%
About four hours a day.
17 15%
About six hours a day.
7 6%
About eight hours a day?
1 1%
More than eight hours a day? (Do you go outside?)
3 3%
Voters: 117.
Page 1 of 2
Edit: Ignore the greater than symbol in the poll, it should be a less than symbol.

Seeing that the gaming thread is the biggest thread in the pit (in all of UG?), I'm assuming that most of you play video games at least a little bit.

So how often do you play them? Is it usually just when you're bored, or do you have an obsession with it?

I play video games much more than I should. About 4-6 hours a day is the norm. :\
Last edited by that_1_dude24 at Aug 14, 2009,
Most days.

And the GT is made up of a core of like 10 or 12 people posting religiously.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I (usually) play games everyday.

EDIT: about 2 hours a day.
Last edited by xX*Zeppelin*Xx at Aug 14, 2009,
WoW. Enough said.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
almost daily. red steel FTW!!
Quote by texasthrasher
Cover your ears(or they WILL be raped) that is ****ing great

I survived weeding out 09'
I usually only play when I'm with friends. A social gamer, as it were. The exception is Knights of the Old Republic.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by VoodooChild15
I usually only play when I'm with friends. A social gamer, as it were. The exception is Knights of the Old Republic.

Are you gonna get the old republic?
Stay Gold
Usually once a day, but mostly not consoles anymore, I'm bored of the stuff I've got. I just play some of those smaller online games that get addictive (see: Jelly).
probably 5 nights out of the week I'll play playstation for a couple of hours
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
i barely play anymore....b4 i was a hardcore addict...7 hours a day was nothing for me....

now i barely play at all....only with friends
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
I play something at least once a day. World of Warcraft I get on every now and usually like maybe twice a week for a total of 6 hours. 360 I hardly play since I have beaten everything. Diablo 2 is what I spend the most collective time on since this last few months there have been a few days where I played it for 8 hours nearly. I mostly play guitar these days though and don't game as much as i used to.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Usually at least two or three hours a day. I generally don't play PC games though, so if I'm broke there's a lot of replaying.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by ESPplayer5150
Are you gonna get the old republic?

Probably not, at least until free private servers start popping up. I really can't justify subscription gaming with my current lifestyle. Supposedly the main private server for Star Wars Galaxies goes online in November, though, so I'll probably check that out. I don't like video games so much as I like Star Wars.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Depends really, I've been known to just become obsessed with a really good game and just spend all my time playing on them until I get bored, but sometimes a week or two will passs and I won't play at all, weird really.
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Couple hours a day but that's including little flash games online. If i get a new game that grabs my attention i'll spend almost every waking moment until it's conquered otherwise it's the occasional veg session with my buddy playing halo 3 online.
I bought the Orange Box last week and am playing through Halflife 2 for the first time

the joys of being a cheapass and having a **** computer
I play when I'm bored which can be a lot of the time.
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
I used to play alot, but now it just doesn't seem fun anymore. I sold all my stuff and now only play at parties or when I'm hanging out with friends.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
You used a 'greater than' symbol in the poll.

Im pretty much just a social gamer. All of my games are boring so...yea.
Obviously Fassa.
Quote by Rock In Rio
You used a 'greater than' symbol in the poll.

Im pretty much just a social gamer. All of my games are boring so...yea.

I noticed that.

Sorry. I don't think I can change it now though.
When I'm not at work I play any where between 2-10 hours, when I'm working I only really have chance for about an hour a day.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by Myfirstpubes
I even play em during sex. Does that answer your question?

If I do play, I play about 2 hours at night.

also TS, I think you messed up your "less than" sign on >5 hours a week.
EDIT: Beaten to it.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Anywhere between a few hours to many depending on if I've got a game that I enjoy playing. I remember waking up in the morning, popping on FFX and not stopping until the next morning. This has also happened with Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario and a few others.

Those were the days
Meh, in the summer I play way to much. I've been playing tf2 for 3+ hours everyday so far. Though when school starts back up, it'll drop down to a more reasonable rate.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
I play about 4-6 hours, usually MMOs and stuff like that. Once I hookup my Wii again, It will probally be 8 hr +
Quote by imdeth
Anywhere between a few hours to many depending on if I've got a game that I enjoy playing. I remember waking up in the morning, popping on FFX and not stopping until the next morning. This has also happened with Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario and a few others.

Those were the days

this....FFXII

i have 180 hours in that game...dont play muuch now tho
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
i used to play them a lot. then my gold subscription ran out so i never play now.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
most days. It depends what else I have to do. Some days I'll play all day right into the night (>8 hours), other days not at all.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Ive played about an hour in 2 weeks, on a sega genesis. I'm thinking about getting an Xbox 360 because I'm bored of all the games I have, I've beaten them all. Basically I wanna buy a 360 for BF: Bad Company and a coupe other shooters.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by imdeth

Those were the days

This. Add in three days off from school due to teacher illness, the Wii having come out about two days before and a fresh copy of Twilight Princess accidentally landing in my hand.

Those were indeed the days...

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Around two hours a day. Now I'm replaying NFSU1 and RE4. My video card sucks
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I play like 3 hous per week, usually on weekends with my friends, playing alone bores me
Page 1 of 2