I have come to find out that there a lack of good video tutorials for the bass compared to the guitar.If you type in ''guitar tutorial'' in youtube you get alot of good videos but i can't say the same for bass.All we get is those crappy expert village videos lol.Im a visual learner and in despreate need of some help with this matter.I know i should get a teacher but do you guys know any good video tutorials that i can use? Any help will be greatly aprreciated
if you like red hot chili peppers and some other stuff i know "davidsinrocks" (thats his channel) has some great videos and mini lessons
You need to be more specific. General lessons, lessons which involve theory, lessons on specific techniques, etc., are all available - youtube has a great volume.
Do you have friends who play bass? Regardless of their skill level, they might be able to teach you some good stuff.

Also, the videos are there ... youve just got to dig much harder and watch for the guys who probably shouldnt be teaching and a little bit for the guys who are just too good at theory for a newbie to pick up anything.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by Thegian
Do you have friends who play bass? Regardless of their skill level, they might be able to teach you some good stuff.

Also, the videos are there ... youve just got to dig much harder and watch for the guys who probably shouldnt be teaching and a little bit for the guys who are just too good at theory for a newbie to pick up anything.

I agree that those are really good ideas.

It is very difficult to find good information about anything on the internet because so many people have access to it. Maybe you should fork out for a book or DVD?

Personally, I prefer playing away from a computer so I don't have a huge gripe about this matter.
I collect clothes and IKEA furniture. Who are you?
Quote by stratocasterfil
if you like red hot chili peppers and some other stuff i know "davidsinrocks" (thats his channel) has some great videos and mini lessons

How many lessons does he have? I've only seen the slap one.

I wish I had that kind of talent though...
Quote by Aidonius
How many lessons does he have? I've only seen the slap one.

I wish I had that kind of talent though...

"Davidsinrock" had covered a lot of bass songs, and he's really good, if i rmb correctly, that guy is in the band and he's performing, its kinda good and he actually composed a song for roger federer, its in Youtube