I bought a Line 6 POD Studio UX1, and I got two recording programs with it: Ableton Live Lite Line6 edition, and Riffworks T4.. I have no idea how to use them, and i don't like the approach that you record a few riffs and then place them together to make a song out of it. I just want a recording program where you can record what you play and record over that, if necessary. Do one of these programs provide that, or what other program should i get?
Audacity is pretty good, ive never used it myself, but my drummer has, and he loves it.
I use Magix music maker, its not super high quality but its simple and it doesnt take much fooling around with to record, but it costs money.
Audacity is free.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
I believe it's possible with ableton but I really hated that program and never got it to work properly.
You can set a drumbeat for like 100+ bars with riffworks en play over that.

I use adobe audition for recording.

Quote by Tatersalad1080
Audacity is pretty good

Audacity is free.

And that
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Get audacity, which is free but a bit too basic for me.
I have REAPER which works perfectly, it has everything you need, but it costs. You could always experiment with the demo version:

REAPER
Reaper all the way. Riffworks might work for you but its track count is limited. Live is FANTASTIC.... for live improvised electronic music :p Get Reaper, you won't be disappointed.