I'm wanting to learn theory and I'm wondering if anyone knows a site with it on?

I've tried reading some of the columns here on UG and well.. it completly baffles me and I dont understand it at all

Help!?

Thanks in advance
These threads are too frequent... everyone wants theory for complete idiots or something

The fact is, theory is not for idiots, so if ur an idiot, learn something else. Get your head down n study it!
Quote by voodoochild23
These threads are too frequent... everyone wants theory for complete idiots or something

The fact is, theory is not for idiots, so if ur an idiot, learn something else. Get your head down n study it!

It's not for idiots but some books/sources just really suck at teaching it.

Idiots guide to music theory is the best one I have seen so far. They really dumb it down for you.
Quote by voodoochild23

+923923847
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory 2nd Edition. An infant can learn theory with that.
Quote by System4321
I'm wanting to learn theory and I'm wondering if anyone knows a site with it on?

I've tried reading some of the columns here on UG and well.. it completly baffles me and I dont understand it at all

Help!?

Thanks in advance

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Theory-Dummies-Michael-Pilhofer/dp/0764578383

Keep in mind that it's easier to understand theory if you already have some experience with music. Having a decent repertoire and being able to read standard notation will increase your ability to understand music theory.
shred is gaudy music
Its not that I'm an idiot I just find it too confusing so I'm looking for a 'dumbed down' version of it that I can understand. Not everyone can read it at the same level as you, voodoochild23
Quote by voodoochild23

Ironically, this just proves that you can learn theory and still be an idiot. (assuming you've learned some theory)

Quote by System4321
Its not that I'm an idiot I just find it too confusing so I'm looking for a 'dumbed down' version of it that I can understand. Not everyone can read it at the same level as you, voodoochild23

Try the music theory for dummies book.

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Theory-Dummies-Michael-Pilhofer/dp/0764578383

and like I was saying. Having a repertoire and reading skills will make a big difference in your ability to understand music theory.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Aug 14, 2009,