i've been playing for about a year and a half now but when i solo my pickups pickup a clicking sound any suggestions?
Is the string hitting the pickup or the poles when it vibrates?
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by pyroninja13
i've been playing for about a year and a half now but when i solo my pickups pickup a clicking sound any suggestions?

Do you hold the pick where it sticks out too far and hits the pickups while you're playing?
shred is gaudy music
Going out on a limb here:

If it doesn't happen when you strum, I would guess it's your pick colliding with either the pickups or the strings (in a real real weird way). Watch your picking hand next time you solo. If you down tune your guitar it may also be the strings hitting the frets or pickups...

Again take this with a grain of salt because it's really hard to say with out witnessing it
if its the noise when you hit the string with the pick i doubt you can take it away but if you use a smaller(like jazz picks) sized pick the clicking shouldnt be as loud.
it doesnt hit it the pick up or the poles and the pick is at a bit of an angle a bit less then 45 degrees
Its most likely the pick. I had it when i played with a perspex stubby. Change the way you pick so that your pick is more parallel to the string. It also happens to be with the timing of the pick for each note... it must be quick and even so the note rings longer in its allotted time. If the pick is hanging on the string too much between each stroke, there will be a definite click heard.

Hope this helps
Quote by evolucian
Its most likely the pick. I had it when i played with a perspex stubby. Change the way you pick so that your pick is more parallel to the string. It also happens to be with the timing of the pick for each note... it must be quick and even so the note rings longer in its allotted time. If the pick is hanging on the string too much between each stroke, there will be a definite click heard.

Hope this helps

that should help alot
Hi I can tell you why I used to get clicking; I have a line 6 spider 3 amp and when you have a lot of distortion on you can hear the pick hitting the string, in this instance it is not the pickups as such but the only real way of gettng rid of it is by getting noiseless pickups.

just try playing on clean and see if the same thing happens

hope i've helped,

conca
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III
Cubase SX3
and me i think it sounds cool, but dont worry about it mate its perfectly normal but if it bothers you so much then you could get noiseless pickups but they are expensive and then you have to get them fitted (which is also expensive) or take a risk and fit them yourself (not recommended)

but anyway hope i've helped again

conca
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III
Cubase SX3
I had my bass do a terrible clicking noise once while playing. Turned out to be the pickups after all. Got rid of those and havent looked back since!