Hi,
I have recently grabbed myself a Boss NS-2 Pedal to eliminate the feedback from my Boss ME-50 overdrive. However, it has removed some feedback but not the amount I would like.

I am using a Gibson Classic 1960 Re-Issue Les Paul, Marshall Vintage Modern Head & Cab (50w), Boss ME-50 and Boss NS-2.

My current setup is Guitar>ME-50 Input>ME-50 Output to NS-2 Input>NS-2 Output to Amp.

I have read elsewhere on the net that I should put any overdrive pedals (in this case my whole Boss ME-50 effects board) through the send and return loop on the NS-2. Problem is the ME-50 doesn't have the right input and output jacks as far as im aware to do that. I have noticed though that my amp has send and return jacks. If anyone has any ideas or corrections, I would be grateful for them.
Thanks,
Jake
Guitar > Amp

Amp Send > NS-2 Input - NS-2 Output > Amp Return

NS-2 Send > ME-50 Input - ME-50 Output > NS-2 Return

Try that
Last edited by mikey_360 at Aug 14, 2009,
thanks for the quick reply, I will test it when I get the chance.
thanks again
no.

Guitar > NS2 In, NS2 Out > Amp, Amp's Loop Send > ME50 > NS2 Ret, NS2 Send > Amp.

...although I can't entirely argue with cutting the ME-50 out of the signal path.
Doesn't the ME-50 have a built in noise gate that's modeled on the NS-2?
I love white guitars!
Quote by Eat_0n_Kent
Doesn't the ME-50 have a built in noise gate that's modeled on the NS-2?

yes, but it's threshold is a joke

...which actually is a pretty good replica of the NS-2 now that I think about it.
yeah, I've seen that before... wrong as two boys kissing.

linear. think linear. then think about what the words printed on the pedal actually mean. then, maybe, you might realize why that picture is useless.
Quote by GrisKy
yeah, I've seen that before... wrong as two boys kissing.

linear. think linear. then think about what the words printed on the pedal actually mean. then, maybe, you might realize why that picture is useless.

Wat?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by GrisKy
not understand or dispute?

Both. The X method does work...but what is stated above does not make sense. Running the guitar input into the FX send? wtf?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
...what is stated above does not make sense. Running the guitar input into the FX send? wtf?

where are you seeing that ^ ?

and no, the "X-Method" is wrong. It fools a lot of people because normally when something doesn't work with guitar equipment, you get some kind of obvious warning sign, like no sound. not in this case... you signal is continuous, you're just pushing the majority of your signal through the out ("send") designed for your loop, and you're effectively double-gating your loop, which in and of itself wouldn't be so bad considering how weak the NS-2 is, except that now you've created phasing issues within a single amp! So, like I was saying, use the ins/outs like they're labled, and save the send/return for your loop.