Okay, first of all I didn't know where to put it so I put it under pit, cause its physcological (SP?)

Anyways, I'll be going to Denmark Street in a few days time.
And I always get so nervous at guitar shops, I feel like there listening to me and like whisper stuff about me.
lol.

I've been there twice before the last time I went there I dunno why my brain juts frooze. (SP?)
Even though I have been playing guitar for 4 years now. I still get nervous in shops. however playing gigs is never a problem.

But yeah thanks!

By the way sorry for my bad English, It's not my first language.
Stop caring what people say i mean why the hell do they care. Just go to the shop play get your guitar leave.
go back to the guitar shops, have a wank, then play, simple as.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by cainmd
blast some death metal and spit blood

haha hes already scared of getting talked about

PSN: reldask
no one honestly cares what you play. just go in there and play. i feel the same way though at times. at home i'm shredding and playing everything i have to play, but when i get to the guitar center i never know what to play when trying out a guitar so i look like a beginner just playing chromatic exercises lol.
eh you'll never see them again, and they'll never see you again (likely), or at least for long enough to inherit an opinion on you.
Ahh you'll be fine, as long as you dont play some generic modern day pop or punk song
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Don't worry about it, if anyone says anything then just say "hey man, if i suck then you play something better of GTFO"
if they don't say anything then you must not suck as bad as you say. also think of songs to play before you get there so you don't look helpless with the guitar.
Go with friends. I freeze up in shops if I'm by myself. If I go with one of my band members, or even just a friend, it's like all those psychological feelings goes away, and I play pretty much normal.
Be confident and only play songs you are comfortable with, well.

Oh and lie about how long you've been playing if anybody asks you.
No one cares about what you play. A few months ago I went to the music shop, tried a Wah and just played the minor pentatonic and a rock riff. No one cared, and I wasn't there to show my skills.
Cum some blood on them, that should do the trick.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Don't go alone...get a friend you're comfortable with, you'll probably feel better then.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Go with friends. I freeze up in shops if I'm by myself. If I go with one of my band members, or even just a friend, it's like all those psychological feelings goes away, and I play pretty much normal.

+1.

Always take another guitar playing friend with you if you're planning on looking at stuff. They can both give you some tips and help you feel more comfortable when you're there.
theres one solution to that, follow these steps:

1-find the largest amp set in the store, ask to try it out

2-crank up the volume to 11

3-start playing stairway to heaven

they will absolutely think you are a god
Imagine yourself in your underwear, like you are in the comfort of your own home. Hell, just go to the shop in your underwear.
Just do what tommy chong did.

Turn up the amp as loud as it can go in the guitar store go up and down with the whammy bar and play random stuff till the amp blows up
Quote by cainmd
blast some death metal and cum blood

Fix'd
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
You aren't there to show off, you're there to try out guitars. SO go in grab an axe that you like and play a few scales maybe a lick or two, some chords, and maybe even a simple little tune if you want to test it out. No one is there to judge (at least i hope not) you are all there for basically the same purpose so there is no reason to feel that any one is better than anyone else.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Just play. I used to have the same problem then I said **** it. Nobody is gonna listen to you and if they do they won't care and if they do, and they think you're bad, who cares? A week from that day they won't say "remember that kid at the shop? He sucked"
Learn something and ****in' play.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
well usually if you hear or somehow find out that there is somone that sucks whos playing in there thats enough to give you enough confidence to play right? when i get into guitar center theres always somone in there thats sitting in front of an amp with the guitar and playing greenday or somthing with the volume virtually non existent.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Um, you're probably never gonna see the other customers in the shop again, so just play whatever you want to. And the staff see hundreds of people come through and try out stuff, so they don't care.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by cainmd
blast some death metal and cum blood

fixed

smartedit: ^damn, beaten
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by smartalec007 at Aug 14, 2009,
Wear a costume or some strange clothes when you go into the guitar shop. That way nobody will recognize you and so it doesn't matter if you screw up.
No problem, just have a killer lick or riff ready and tear off their faces with your skill. And crank up the amp so that they can't hear what the others whisper about you.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz