i play punk rock and some classic rock my fav band is gd so diversity is vital i am looking to buy my first amp i have narrowed it down to two choice because they are the only two good ones available in this ****hole of a country knwn as egypt they are

-marshall mg 15(nt the mg4 series last years model)
and
-roland cube 15x

let me know wat u guys think

-thanks in advance
--call me qasim
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Roland cube 15x way better then the mg but the mg isn't bad.

Watch......everyone will bandwagon the mg.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by KoenDercksen
If you really absolutely have to choose between those two, go with the Roland.

If that's the only two "good amps" avaible...

Nah that just can't be true.

i wasnt joking when i said egypt was a ****hole u cant evn find good guitars here i imported my guitar frm the us couldnt do the amp though
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by KoenDercksen
Because it sucks.

I know its not the best but half the people on Ug have never tried one and say it sucks. There are alot worse. But there are Alot better out there.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
I guess in egypt they dont have tubes ? huh?
the cube for sure.
wheres the wagon? cuz i need to get on. The MG sucks and i know that from personally experince (no i never owned one, my friend does)
If you have to chose between those, get the cube.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Go for the Roland, great sounding amp. MG...not so much.

Quote by King of King V
I know its not the best but half the people on Ug have never tried one and say it sucks. There are alot worse. But there are Alot better out there.

Like?
Quote by Alex Vik
Go for the Roland, great sounding amp. MG...not so much.

Like?

Spider III? Honestly I've never played an mg, but I absolutely hate the spider IIIs.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by grayfox1001
Spider III? Honestly I've never played an mg, but I absolutely hate the spider IIIs.

Go play an MG next time you're at a music store. You'll find that they failed at distortion/overdrive more than the Spider III did. At least that's what I believe.
i have tried an mg 100dfx before and i loved it i dont know i was watching alot of vids of the marshall i think its all in the tweaking after all its not a modelling amp
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by greendayispunk
i have tried an mg 100dfx before and i loved it i dont know i was watching alot of vids of the marshall i think its all in the tweaking after all its not a modelling amp

You love it because it's a Marshall and it's a fullstack, and you don't have an ear for tone yet.

Out of those two, the Roland will be better. I own an MG15CD and the only thing I use it for now is vocals, because my band doesn't have a PA.

Otherwise, its cleans are decent for jazz... and I just don't use the distortion, unless I want sounds that don't sound good.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
You love it because it's a Marshall and it's a fullstack, and you don't have an ear for tone yet.

Out of those two, the Roland will be better. I own an MG15CD and the only thing I use it for now is vocals, because my band doesn't have a PA.

Otherwise, its cleans are decent for jazz... and I just don't use the distortion, unless I want sounds that don't sound good.

its a combo btw hahah the hdfx is a stack true i dont really have a ear for tone but do u think the roland will work for what i play? and same question for the marshall
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Either the Roland MICRO cube(not as loud but sounds MUCH better) or a vypyr 10

edith yea nd u shuld leern moar engleesh will ya
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Last edited by Dawnwalker at Aug 15, 2009,
For your style I would suggest you a VOX VT.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Between those 2 go for the Roland Cube but also be sure to check out the Vox VT and Peavey Vypyr series.