Hello!

I am thinking of getting a new metal guitar ( Where I live I can only order the instrument online, the local shop has only the jackson instore so I cannot try them)...

Which one?

# A BC Rich Gunslinger POWER (Mahogany, original floyd rose and EMG 81,85) or

# a Jackson DXMG(Alder, EMG HZ, Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo ) or an

# Ibanez S320 (Mahogany, ZR tremolo ,INF pickups-> I will put a Bareknuckle warpig in the bridge)

I was thinking of the BC rich as for what you get, its quite cheap compared to the jackson or Ibanez.

Have you had any experience with these guitars? Quality wise, which one do you suggest? Or something else in the same price range?

Thank you for replying to my mail in advance,

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Professeur
I would go with the Jackson personaly then the bc rich, but alot of people say that there not that great. I have also heard that the Zr trem on the ibanez is crap.....but idk if this is true or not.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
I'd automatically rule out the Jackson. The pickups suck, and the floyd rose isn't as good as the Ibanez's/BC Rich.

Go for the Ibanez or BC Rich. I'm pretty sure that the Ibanez has a better trem, but the BC Rich has better pickups. Also keep in mind that the Jackson will sound brighter, the BC Rich will sound darker, and the Ibanez will be in-between bright and dark IMO.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Aug 14, 2009,
Quote by ibrahimasood
What amp do you have? Or what geanre do you play?

I'd go for the Ibanez.

I have a Line 6 spider III 15.... I play mainly heavy metal, thrash and speed melodic
I own a Jackson DKMG and I have also tried a DXMG. I really like the neck and the action on the guitar. Overall, it's a good instrument, but I prefer the EMG 81/85 set-up than the EMG HZ. They still are good quality pickups, but they aren't active. Also, Jackson's standard Double Locking Tremolo isn't as good as the Original Floyd Rose. I never had many issues with Jackson's licensed tremolo, but it's clearly lower quality than an OFR. You would get a much better tone out of the BC Rich. The BC Rich only has 22 frets though, so that is something to think about.

As for the Ibanez, I don't have much of an opinion on it. I never tried an Ibanez.
Gear :
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000 - EMG 81/85 + 18V mod
ESP/LTD AX-400 - EMG 81/81
Jackson DKMG - EMG 85/81 + 18V mod.

SGH VS100 All-tube head
Marshall 1960a JCM 800 cab

BOSS NS-2 / BOSS MT-2 / BOSS ML-2
BOSS BD-2 / BOSS PS-5 / BOSS-DD7
Quote by Professeur666
I have a Line 6 spider III 15.... I play mainly heavy metal, thrash and speed melodic
Replace this first. That's a really bad amp. Most of the sound comes from the amp, not the guitar.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Replace this first. That's a really bad amp. Most of the sound comes from the amp, not the guitar.

He'll need a decent guitar as well, I would place this as priority over a better amp if his current guitar doesn't hold a tune well, or is just really cheap, or anything that would lead to bad habits.
Quote by Professeur666

Please tell me you will upgrade this POS before you get the guitar.
Quote by potatohead_33
He'll need a decent guitar as well, I would place this as priority over a better amp if his current guitar doesn't hold a tune well, or is just really cheap, or anything that would lead to bad habits.

Yes definitely, I was thinking of getting a new amp something like a Marshall Marshall MG30FX... I cannot spend too much money on the amp itself as I need to upgrade a zoom multi effects that I have been using for some time.

what about the quality of the instruments?

You guys got any suggestion of a guitar in the same price range?
Quote by Professeur666
Yes definitely, I was thinking of getting a new amp something like a Marshall Marshall MG30FX... I cannot spend too much money on the amp itself as I need to upgrade a zoom multi effects that I have been using for some time.

Please don't upragde to the MG. While the newer version isn't bad, it's overpriced and there is better for the money.

And you should put all money toward the amp, screw pedals for now.

What's your current guitar?
Quote by potatohead_33
I have a cheap ass Squier and it holds tuning well.

Most guitars should hold in tune decently when strung correctly.

And I don't see how a cheap guitar will make a player develop bad habits. That's the players fault, not the guitar.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Aug 14, 2009,
Quote by Professeur666

No you could get much better than a mg 30, a vox valvetronix or peavey vypyr blows a mg out the water any day.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Please don't upragde to the MG. While the newer version isn't bad, it's overpriced and there is better for the money.

And you should put all money toward the amp, screw pedals for now.

What's your current guitar?I have a cheap ass Squier and it holds tuning well.

Most guitars should hold in tune decently when strung correctly.

And I don't see how a cheap guitar will make a player develop bad habits. That's the players fault, not the guitar.

I have a 6 years old Yamaha Pacifica.. I started to play with it. But the sound has too much treble and the tremolo is not in a good state. It is time to upgrade.
the ibanez is far superior
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Professeur666
I have a 6 years old Yamaha Pacifica.. I started to play with it. But the sound has too much treble and the tremolo is not in a good state. It is time to upgrade.

You could easily compensate by eqing differently, and if you get either one of the guitars you will be mad hen playing through that amp, because it will sound really similar.
Quote by Professeur666

The only way you should be concerning yourself with an ME pedal is if you only want to play through your pedal into headphones.

What's your total budget for guitar and amp?
from a spider to an mg is not an upgrade i think you would really like the valvetronix, it would fit your playing style well, also take the ibanez over those. I have not heard many good things about this price range bc riches but the ibanez's are good from the base to the top
~Defiant~
Quote by Shabadoo
The only way you should be concerning yourself with an ME pedal is if you only want to play through your pedal into headphones.

What's your total budget for guitar and amp?

MAX £500.00
Quote by Professeur666
MAX £500.00

Well, I'm not to keen on conversion but you might be able to get a Blackstar HT-5 or B-52 AT112 (not sure on the price in Europe) and the S320 (check used) for that much.