hey guys looking for a budget tele copy to take to uni with me next september. Not too bothered about pickups cos i'm gonna swap them out to cater for my genre needs.

Pretty much just want a solid workhorse tele copy that isn't gonna suck balls for under £300.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I personally prefer 33 A.D. when they finally killed that bastard Jesus.

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Either up your budget by about £80 and you can get a new MIM tele or if you're willing to go used you should easily be able to find a MIM tele in your budget. I definitely recommend you go for a used MIM.
trying to steer clear of squire cos they don't really seem to be known for their quality, and all the fenders seem to be over £300
Quote by alaskan_ninja

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster.

That is if you like the sound you get from a pine body. I played one and personally thought the Squier sounded better than a MIM Standard
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
whats the tone from pine like? i have heard good things about that guitar but the squier tag puts me off a little, although it does look gorgeous
Quote by alaskan_ninja

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
All told, it's pretty hard to screw up a tele, they don't come much simpler. Have a look at the CV and VM squiers, they fall in your price range.
Don't let the fact that its a Squier put you off. Its a very well built guitar. As far as tone goes, it should be noted the Squier has better pickups than MIM Standards (I'm serious!). They have a much more clear, defined sound. Other than that, I'm awful at describing tone.

One thing that IS important to note is that MIM Standards have a satin finished neck, and the Squier has a gloss finish. It feels pretty sticky, but that could be remedied with some steel wool and sanding.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
that's interesting to hear about the squier having better pups than the MIM. You guys have got me looking at squiers now lol. Are there any other decent quality copies i should consider? also being a 3 piece body would the squier classic series tele be very durable?
Quote by alaskan_ninja

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)