Page 1 of 2
Hello kiddies, its time for another installment of New Guitar/Gear Day brought to you by mexican_shred. My last one was over an Ibanez J-Custom, and today i think is one just as amazing.
Presenting
*drumroll*
A "mint" 2007 Ibanez PGM 301 !

Snagged it off ebay while i still could. Came with "upgraded" pups to Air Norton, Fast Track and Tone Zone from Dimarzio. The thing plays incredible. As good as any of my other MIJ Ibanezes. The fun part here is the hardtail/fixed bridge, meaning tuning down action if I ever i so please. But that wasnt the only deal breaker here. A maple fretboard with a walnut neck with a sexy white color and cool/tacky F holes. I've been GASing for a PGM for about three years so its about time I got one. Sold some amps and guitars to be able to buy this sucker. A perfect Christmas in Summer. The only "problem" is the fast track in the middle. I'm a single coil person but hey its a simple fix and restring.

Now on to more sexy MIJ Ibanez pictures

Now for round two: New Effects!
Introducing a Fulltone OCD, HomeBrew Electronics Detox EQ, and Ibanez AF-2 Airplane Flanger.

Bought them over the course of the last two months. All three very cool, useful and fun pedals. The AF-2 has to be one of the most fun flangers i've played in ages, and the Detox EQ is perfect as a standalone EQ for changing the voicing of your tone, as well as a "foot switchable clean" depending how you set it up. The OCD is an amazing OD pedal, as on my clean channel i can get a very nice uncolored crunch. Perfect for amps that have lots of mids and dont need any more tone coloring

honorable mentions that dont have pictures: Mesa 1x12 widebody cab and a Blackstar HT-5 Combo. Both very cool little toys
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Holy Jeezy and Broseph Dudersson!

HOW'S THE AIRPLANE FLANGER?
I'm so totally gas'ing for one!

Enjoy your PGM

And dude, let me have your pink RG :P
madre mia que cabron! vaya pedazo coleccion de ibanez.! holy **** you know how to be hated :P
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Evil_Magician
Holy Jeezy and Broseph Dudersson!

HOW'S THE AIRPLANE FLANGER?
I'm so totally gas'ing for one!

Enjoy your PGM

And dude, let me have your pink RG :P

Super fun. The Dive bomb/whammy feature is tight for hardtail guitars. And the sounds you can create are radical. From lazer pistol to police siren to talk box to phaser-flanger. well wroth 150 usd

After playing it some more, holy sick jesus this thing is one of the most comfy guitars to play. The neck feels way different than any of my other RG's. Lower action it feels like too. And its light as hell. Possible 1-2kg area. Fast track is better than i thought it would be. Still out on the jury on what to do. It came with the jem/fs-1 single (in the case) so i can always change if i want to.
Man, I've already said I'm jealous of your gear, but that is a gorgeous looking Ibanez lineup if I've ever seen one. DAmn

I've been wanting that pgm as well. White finish and I actually dig the f holes.

Sweet gear man. HNP&GD
Damn you, I was wondering what you got and I was like

'masaka.......

A PGM?!?!?!?!?!'

HNGD man And Email Paul if he can sign that baby for you at a concert
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
So i herd u leik Ibanez?

Seriously though, HNGD. That's a real beauty, always love a nice maple fretboard.
Quote by MetalHead916
Man, I've already said I'm jealous of your gear, but that is a gorgeous looking Ibanez lineup if I've ever seen one. DAmn

I've been wanting that pgm as well. White finish and I actually dig the f holes.

Sweet gear man. HNP&GD

i do too. i like tacky looking guitar. IE Pink RG 770

Damn you, I was wondering what you got and I was like 'masaka....... A PGM?!?!?!?!?!' HNGD man And Email Paul if he can sign that baby for you at a concert

Haha i stick true to my word what i say ill get. This one took three years in the making.

I would if that SOB would ever come to the south of the US.
Quote by mexican_shred
i do too. i like tacky looking guitar. IE Pink RG 770

Haha i stick true to my word what i say ill get. This one took three years in the making.

I would if that SOB would ever come to the south of the US.

... Never hurts to ask maybe he's a traveller, drops by now and then with a random marker in his hand
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
... Never hurts to ask maybe he's a traveller, drops by now and then with a random marker in his hand

I dont think he's Zakk Wylde, putting his name on anything that comes on his pathway
Quote by mexican_shred
I dont think he's Zakk Wylde, putting his name on anything that comes on his pathway

I betcha he will if you ask him nicely (and give him some sake )
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
I betcha he will if you ask him nicely (and give him some sake )

His favorite sake is quite a wallet eater. He better come to the south while he can still walk and rock
Quote by ibanezgod1973
so you like paul gilbert

hngd

What gave it away
HNGD & HNPD! I want your 301 and your 770 and whatever that j-custom is. I also wouldn't mind the OCD.

Ibanez fo life!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
someone has a thing for ibanez

HNGD! i like that black one with the vine inlay.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
HNGD! If you think that Airplane flanger is good, you should try an A/DA. Its what Paul actually uses now. Best flanger EVER! (Very expensive though)
Quote by littlephil
HNGD! If you think that Airplane flanger is good, you should try an A/DA. Its what Paul actually uses now. Best flanger EVER! (Very expensive though)

The price tag was was 500 bucks for the one i tried from the late 70's. No way i can get one now lol. The AF-2 is a nice cheap substitute.

someone has a thing for ibanez HNGD! i like that black one with the vine inlay.

The black one is a j custom. I got it "new" for a very reasonable price(cheaper than a JEM and a EGEN)
I've always loved the PGM301, a really fantastic rock guitar. No nonsense, just tone.

Congrats on the find, you really are an Ibanez guy eh?
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
4 Ibanez's and not one 7-string?!

Happy NGD and NPD!
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Prophet of Page
I've always loved the PGM301, a really fantastic rock guitar. No nonsense, just tone.

Congrats on the find, you really are an Ibanez guy eh?

I remember we talked about it before.

You could say that. I love the MIJ ibanez. They feel like masterfully crafted guitars ready to take on any style. To be completely truthful im a MIJ guy, who likes good deals. If i see a good deal on a MIJ guitar ill shell out the money for it. my 770 was 200 bucks usd at gc. J custom was a steal at the price. PGM being discontinued and all i had to take it up. I almost bought a MIJ Fender tele for 350 usd but the deal got taken up before i could act.
HNGD, lovely guitar, I get to see the man himself in september with mr big!!
Quote by _-Joey-_
Everything you have look SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

^this
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Quote by aznrockerdude
4 Ibanez's and not one 7-string?!

Happy NGD and NPD!

About 2 years ago i was going to pickup a 7 stringer like the one JP used in the "Lie" video but funding fell through due to tuition and such. I dont have a real need for one though. i mostly play jazz and everything i play si in standard. I only down town if my vocals cant fit it(or switch around voicings due to tremolos)
Ah dam you !! nice ibanez collection , i just got into the whole ibanez thing earlier this year, couldn't be happier with mine ! although if it were me getting the PGM id stick the PAF Pros right back in. HNGD!!!!!!
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
When i saw those Ibanezes in a row, the hairs on my arm starting sticking up. I'm jealous

HNGD!
very nice. that's way too much new stuff for me to handle
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Haha oh wow, you're quite a fan of the Ibanez I see.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
I'm uber jealous.

Where do you live...
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
That bitch needs a trem.

Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Wow. That is possibly the most awesome new gear day I've seen in my time on UG. I am so wanting that Airplane Flanger right now...The colour scheme alone seals the deal for me. Not to mention that PGM, which is sexy as hell.

HNGD man
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by pifty
That bitch needs a trem.

You would say that pifty
Quote by Shabadoo
So i herd u leik Ibanez?

Seriously though, HNGD. That's a real beauty, always love a nice maple fretboard.

Hahahah this!
what model is the pink rg and how much did it cost questionmarkgoeshere

i need one. lol
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Page 1 of 2