You may have gathered that both providers start with a V. That is immaterial. I seek Ultimate Guidance about which phone company is better. I originally was just going to go Verizon. They have a touch screen/full keyboard phone along with a plan that's just unlimited texting and browser, no minutes. Exactly what I want. BUT, to make a long story short they're more expensive than I'd thought and I'm going to have to wait two effing weeks before getting my plan started.

Virgin Mobile has a messaging plan to which you can add browsing for an extra $10. That's for 50 MB a month which kind of confuses me. How does that work? I assume it's just like minutes, but megabytes. So you use megabytes whenever you open the phone's browser? And how many does it use? I don't expect answers to those detailed questions, you guys aren't phone company salesmen. The phone I'd be getting with Virgin is the Helio Ocean, which is cool. It's a double slider and has a full keyboard, and it's stylish. BUT, no touchscreen. I would really like a touchscreen.

TL;DR So which one should I go with? Verizon has the exact plan and the phone I want, but is a little more expensive and due to me budgeting incorrectly (Verizon never bothered to tell me about the stupid activation deposit) I'll have to wait another two weeks to get a phone. Virgin Mobile pretty much has what I need, but their phone isn't touchscreen, and their messaging/browser plan isn't unlimited. They all overall less expansive.
We're only strays.
Boost gives you the most bang for your buck (for anything less than Blackberry, Palm, or Iphone) and they have some pretty fly phones. Easily the best prepaid there is.

Where I live, Alltel is the only service worth having. All of Michigan gets coverage, so most people use it. And because most people in Michigan use it, the free mobile-to-mobile feature really comes in handy. I only get 300 anytime minutes and rarely use more than 50 of them per month.

EDIT: I actually do sell phones at WalMart. I don't know much about data plans, but I'm pretty sure you use airtime to browse and your 50 MB limit is for downloading. But trust me, 50 MB is quite a bit on a mobile phone.
Last edited by dudius at Aug 14, 2009,
my friend had virgin it sucked
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
I've never had sex with a verizon, so i'll say virgins all the way.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Quote by RPBiohazard

Careful, guys, she might be a pitophile

you misspelled pedophile

Quote by Garou1911
^
damn, didnt get to before sex joke

TS you should have known better

edit: and to *word goes here cant think of it right now... i think it satarts with a c*

i have verizon and i thinks its better
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Last edited by Aerokizzombie at Aug 14, 2009,
Which phone are you looking at with Verizon?

I have Verizon and I just got the LG enV Touch the other day, and it is awesome.

From my experience with Verizon I would definitely recommend it. They might be a little more expensive than some other providers, but you get what you pay for. I know plenty of people that have T-Mobile because it is relatively cheap, but all they do is complain about it. I know quite a few people with Verizon and they usually only have good things to say about them.
MB as in how much data ttransfered from tha interwebz to your phone screen.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by daytripper75
Which phone are you looking at with Verizon?

I have Verizon and I just got the LG enV Touch the other day, and it is awesome.

From my experience with Verizon I would definitely recommend it. They might be a little more expensive than some other providers, but you get what you pay for. I know plenty of people that have T-Mobile because it is relatively cheap, but all they do is complain about it. I know quite a few people with Verizon and they usually only have good things to say about them.

That's the phone I want. But the Helio Ocean looks pretty good as well, I just can't get over it not being a touchscreen.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
That's the phone I want. But the Helio Ocean looks pretty good as well, I just can't get over it not being a touchscreen.

Well if you are really set on getting a touch screen then I suggest you go with Verizon. If you don't then you will probably regret it.