Hey everyone.

As the title indicates, I am looking for a new amp. So far I've been using the infamous Marshal MG50DFX, and I've always had a feeling there's something wrong with my playing, the settings I used, whatever. Recently though I did some reading on the thing, and it turns out it's just the way this Marshall is - pretty crappy.
Luckily, I got some money lying around, which I at first intended to spend for another guitar, something more suitable for bluesy kind of playing than my Les Paul Custom with EMGs installed. Now that I realise the changing the amp should make all the difference, I reach out to you, the Ultimate Guitar community!

I seem to have some identity issues, and one day I am all about blues, and then the other heavy metal is the way to go for me. That's why I am looking for something as versatile as possible, perhaps with a slight emphasise of the bluesy tones (even though active EMGs are not most suitable for that - I will try to get a blues guitar in the future).

The funds are something around 650$.

Cheers!
Peavey Classic 30. Excellent for blues.

The classic 30 plays very well with pedals..So
Throw in a Decent Distortion pedal and boom, there's a good metal tone.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by jonmo1

Listen to this man.

Or you could go for a Blackstar HT-5 (I can't stop recommending those )
But the Classic 30 is better in the blues departement + it has more wattage.
Quote by jonmo1

I second that. I played one yesterday, i was blown away. Distortion pedals work great with it.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Try get a second hand Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or Blues Deluxe Reissue.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
That was quick, thanks everyone.

I have checked (on the web) the local prices on Classic 30, and they are a little above my funds at the moment. Besides, I wouldn't like to spend the entire cash right away, so before I get way too excited about the Peavey, throw me some cheaper suggestions.
I will surely do some testing on Classic 30 regardless, when I pay a visit to the shop.
Quote by TheBlackened
That was quick, thanks everyone.

I have checked (on the web) the local prices on Classic 30, and they are a little above my funds at the moment. Besides, I wouldn't like to spend the entire cash right away, so before I get way too excited about the Peavey, throw me some cheaper suggestions.
I will surely do some testing on Classic 30 regardless, when I pay a visit to the shop.

Fender Blues Jr. (not much cheaper, but at least 100 or so less)..

Or look for a used classic 30. Probably in the range of $350

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Alright, any more recommendations other than the Classic 30 or Fender Blues Jr.? I'd like to have a couple of alternatived in mind to look and read up, as well as do some testing in person when at the store.
I guess I should clarify something. When I spoke of blues, I had more of a blues rock sound in mind. Think Gary Moore or Joe Bonamassa, that sort of thing.
the laney is perfect for that
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial