I have an Ibanez V50 acoustic guitar, it came with an acoustic starter pack, its a pretty good guitar, just the action isn't the best. So I was wondering if I should either buy a pickup for the guitar or buy a new acoustic electric.
I play guitar.
If you're comparing your acoustics action to an electrics, its bound to be different. An acoustic guitars action will always be higher than electrics. (sorry if you already knew that)

I'd get a new acoustic either way.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Oosh.
If you're comparing your acoustics action to an electrics, its bound to be different. An acoustic guitars action will always be higher than electrics. (sorry if you already knew that)

I'd get a new acoustic either way.

... I'm talking about buying an acoustic pickup or buying an acoustic electric.. not a reg solid body.
I play guitar.
anyone give an opinion? Get a pickup for my acoustic or buy a acoustic-electric?
I play guitar.
well just go to your music shop and start playing. the decision is all yours. if you're happy with the way your current acoustic plays then stick with that and put in a pup. if you hate how it plays and you can't stand it (metaphorically speaking) then go get that A/E.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab