I've checked out the settings thread, its a start. But what settings, or even, just what to turn up and what to turn down? I want that classic Gn'R tone, Welcome the Jungle being a good reference, and also the bridge of Rocket Queen being another example. I've got the gear, how do I turn it into the tone? Thanks!
You don't have "The" gear. for that, you'd need a handmade Les Paul with ANlico II puckups and a Marshall JCM800.

for a GnR tone, refer to the settings thread.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
You don't have "The" gear. for that, you'd need a handmade Les Paul with ANlico II puckups and a Marshall JCM800.

for a GnR tone, refer to the settings thread.

Sup

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Eh, everyone always talks about the great guns tones they get with that gear. its not like i bought that stuff just for this, so its not the end of the world if i can't get them, but i don't see why not.
slash had jcm800 HEAVILY modified and even slash himself cant get that tone anymore
Quote by slingshotjr
slash had jcm800 HEAVILY modified and even slash himself cant get that tone anymore

No he didn't have a JCM800. It was a regular 1959 modded to sound like the infamous 1959T they had.

He then used a Silver Jubilee.

Well a lot of people will frown upon you for not using the settings thread. Anyway here are the settings Slash uses for his Sivler Jubilees. Since your Classic 30 lacks presence, I'd add some extra treble. work around these. But really the only thing that will get you close is you. Only you can tell EXACTLY what settings you need.

Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Actually Gabel his main amp (for studio recording at least) is a Marshall JCM800 modified with I think KT88 valves in there.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Actually Gabel his main amp (for studio recording at least) is a Marshall JCM800 modified with I think KT88 valves in there.

Yes and no. On Appetite it was a modded Marshall 1959. After that his main amp became the Sivler Jubilee. But he does own a JCM800 with KT88 and he has used it sometimes in the studio. For Velvet Revolver he used a bit in stereo with the Silver Jubilee. But live and otherwise his main amp has been the Jubilee.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Yes and no. On Appetite it was a modded Marshall 1959. After that his main amp became the Sivler Jubilee. But he does own a JCM800 with KT88 and he has used it sometimes in the studio. For Velvet Revolver he used a bit in stereo with the Silver Jubilee. But live and otherwise his main amp has been the Jubilee.

He's mentioned the JCM quite a lot on his twitter page, even claimed it was his main amp lately on his solo project. Probably alongside the Vintage Moderns too, rumour has it that he has never ever ever used his JCM2555/Silver Jubilee in the studio, only for live use.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Gabel

i read in his Bio that he used an 800 he borrowed from SIR.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Chrisiphone
He's mentioned the JCM quite a lot on his twitter page, even claimed it was his main amp lately on his solo project. Probably alongside the Vintage Moderns too, rumour has it that he has never ever ever used his JCM2555/Silver Jubilee in the studio, only for live use.

I see!

Well I read an inverview with him and Adam Day and he confirmed he used both a Silver Jubilee and JCM800 on Velvet Revolver. Other than that he's not mentioned the JCM800 a lot.

Quote by Jhachey22
i read in his Bio that he used an 800 he borrowed from SIR.

It was a 1959 borrowed from SIR. He wanted to use their imfamous #39 (previously used by George Lynch) which was a modded 1959T, but it was rented out. He got #36, which is a copy of the #39.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band