I've been looking locally for one as well as Ebay, and Craigslist. I have a few things though. If I buy online I'm nervous because most people aren't honest online. Some people on Ebay offer a 7 day refund. Craigslist is pretty good because its local so I can go and check it out play it a bit then if I like it take off. I'm wondering what a good price for one is too. I live on Connecticut and I've seen them online from 250-700$(yes MiM for 700) I've been told average price is 350$. What do you think a good price to pay for one is and should I look around more guitar shops or take my chances online? If anyone has one with a Maple fretboard for sale please let me know =).
$300 would be around the right price, in the UK we can pick then up for lik £270. But if I were you I wouldn't buy a Fender off the Internet, it's too risky or even if you do buy it from Guitar Centre or Musicians Friend.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
If you call musiciansfriend today you can get a white one for $300. New. A good used price is $300, that seems to be what most sell for in my area.
Quote by pak1351
If you call musiciansfriend today you can get a white one for $300. New. A good used price is $300, that seems to be what most sell for in my area.

Plus no tax, and free Ipod Shuffle.
Quote by thrasher.
Plus no tax, and free Ipod Shuffle.

Wish I was ready for this yesterday. Anyways I've been talking to a friend who has an arctic white strat HSS MiM. Flawless for 370$. It was purchased this year. I'll post a few pics so you guys can tell me if this is a deal/steal at 370$.

http://img37.imageshack.us/i/img0002rmv.jpg/

http://img81.imageshack.us/i/img0792n.jpg/

http://img231.imageshack.us/i/img0793e.jpg/

Ya thoughts?
I'd say it was a fair price at $370 no harm in trying to go a little lower though.
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
New is 500$, He bought it a few months ago, used maybe 2-3 times. He wanted 400, I said 350 he said 370. Should I play it off like I'm only willing to spend xxx$ and see what he does or just grab it for 370$

What do you think a good price for this is?
i wouldn't pay more than 325, but it's kind of odd when you're buying stuff off friends. Check what they go for on ebay, and show them to your friend.

It might be easier just to buy from someone you don't know
Ya I told him I'll pass, I was looking for SSS anyway. Figured I'd take him up on it cause it was close and if anything was wrong I'd have no problem getting my money back. Thanks everyone.
I paid $200 in 1998/9 for a 1993 SSS MIM strat but hey that was like 10 years ago. I also know a guy that paid $500 bucks for a 1995 HSS, although it is especially nice. It was built during the time when the first Mexican factory burned down and they began using American parts again for a while. It just depends. I think the older ones are nicer and they can sometimes be bought for less money.