I find myself frustrated when practicing hard techniques on the guitar, and I find after taking a break from guitar for a few days, that I am able to play what I practiced.

Same thing with physical exercise. Weird how that works huh?
Fender American Stratocaster
212 Valveking
BBE Overdrive
DD2 Delay
Berringer chorus
Wah pedal
Yeah, I've noticed that as well.
It's due to our muscles repairing stronger, I suppose.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
No doubt. Not even a good thing for just the frickin' brain but also your hands. Extensive playing can really wear your hands out.. if you take a day or two off, your hands will thank you.
Really? I play for a few hours every day almost every day for 6 years now... I feel if I miss a day or two, my hand begins to feel lazy and out of shape.
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
Quote by nedthehead
Really? I play for a few hours every day almost every day for 6 years now... I feel if I miss a day or two, my hand begins to feel lazy and out of shape.

Eh, maybe I'm just predispositioned to have hand pain, then. The irony is that I'm playing really relaxed and (trying to play) economical but my hand hurts a little more. I'm probably just getting moreso adjusted to it. Mind you, I've been playing for as long as you have.
Quote by HoffManCometh
Eh, maybe I'm just predispositioned to have hand pain, then. The irony is that I'm playing really relaxed and (trying to play) economical but my hand hurts a little more. I'm probably just getting moreso adjusted to it. Mind you, I've been playing for as long as you have.

It could be your developing muscles you're not usually using by keeping your hand relaxed? Couldn't tell you, but it always takes time for muscles to develop when you are practicing new techniques.
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
your brain needs time to process. so yes taking time off usually will help.

Agree. And even with good technique, playing guitar is still a physical activity, so going too long without a break will lead to fatigue. And day off here and there can work wonders.
Quote by Probly89
I find myself frustrated when practicing hard techniques on the guitar, and I find after taking a break from guitar for a few days, that I am able to play what I practiced.

Same thing with physical exercise. Weird how that works huh?

That was like the same with me
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
im currently taking a week break right now, in hopes that the same thing will happen to me. I started playing guitar about a year ago, and the longest break i've ever taken was only a day (which isn't really enough time to recover)

although i am pretty bored right now and would love to play... madden and rock band drums just aren't doin the trick for me...
I absolutely 100% agree with this. Just as some scientists believe that sleep is a time that the brain uses to organize connections and make our neural networks more efficient, I believe taking a break from the guitar will have the same effect. Actually this can be applied really to any skill I believe