is there a pedal that gives a clean sound so you have the distortion/OD on the amp and use the pedal for cleans
Theres not really such thing. You can however get things to set up the other way around.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
EQ pedals can do such a thing, if you are not using too much gain from your amp. You could also use the volume control on your guitar, although this usually results in a loss of treble.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
no

a od/distorsion ...sorta...well it distorts the sound, woudlnt matter...if u did have 1 it take whats coming from your guitar, clean sound, cleaning it up, then going into amp, distorted

there isnt
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Quote by fretsofthebeast
no

a od/distorsion ...sorta...well it distorts the sound, woudlnt matter...if u did have 1 it take whats coming from your guitar, clean sound, cleaning it up, then going into amp, distorted

there isnt

The amp will only distort if the signal going into it is too loud. If you reduce the input signal enough, the amp will clean up. (this doesn't work if you are using crossover distortion though).
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by fretsofthebeast
no

there isnt

unless you put a pedal in post EQ but your amp would have to have that option available. i've seen an acoustic simulator pedal, maybe that would be what he's talking about?
No, not really.

You could use EHX's Signal Pad pedal to cut your guitar signal down, and hopefully clean up your amp, but it won't be squeaky clean, and may cut some treble.
^ Erm, no.

If you take a distorted amp, and add an EQ, it won't make it clean. If you use it to cut your entire signal, it might, but an EQ used in the conventional sense won't turn a dirty amp clean.
Quote by Mitchell?
^ Erm, no.

If you take a distorted amp, and add an EQ, it won't make it clean. If you use it to cut your entire signal, it might, but an EQ used in the conventional sense won't turn a dirty amp clean.

It makes it cleaner. its not a conventional EQ. like i said its not full blown clean but its cleaner.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
if ur amp has two channels
a channel changer lol
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
There's actually a small device located on most stock guitars called a volume knob. Little do most people know it lowers the input into the amp thus lowering the gain of the sound and sometimes it cleans up nicely.

Seriously though, I don't think they make such a pedal.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ