So, I need a new amp, a few months ago I made a thread asking foadvice in the duty of picking an amp, that time I chose the Roland Cube 30x, but that was before my principal option arrived to Venezuela, the Peavey Vypyr 30.

Well, to my surprise, the local music store decided that the additional features on the Vypyr should make it a more expensive amp, and now they have raised the price to Bs2.800 after noticing that, it came to my attention that the Randall RG50TC (a tube amp) was almost as expensive as the Vypyr since it was Bs2.900

Right now I have like Bs2.000 in my bank account, I'm only willing to spend like half of that money, but I've talked to my parents an they've agreed to give me Bs600 each, that would make Bs1.200, and with half my savings I would have Bs2.200, I would still have to sell my current amp to get the missing Bs700

So guys, what should I do

1.- Buy the Cube 30x wich is Bs1.800 but doesn't have as much effects and amps features as the Vypyr
2.- Buy the Peavey Vypyr 30 that costs Bs2.800 but has tons of features

or 3.- Buy the Randall RG50TC (Bs2.900) that is a tube amp, but as I've heard may have some problems concerning quality, and also lacks of any effect except reverb.

Also I play Metal, punk and most Moder/Classic Rock, and I was looking for a Modeling amp since I don't have enough money for pedals.

Note: "Bs" is my country's currency, wich is also called 'Bolivar'

Thanks in advance.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Last edited by Fat-bastard0603 at Aug 14, 2009,
Get the vypyr.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
The Randall is actually a good choice. Considering the one you can get is a tube amp, it will be even better.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
It'd definitely be between the Randall and the Vypyr. Test them both out and see which one you like more. keep in mind the features on the Vypyr can always be made up for on the Randall by effects pedals.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by soul.power
It'd definitely be between the Randall and the Vypyr. Test them both out and see which one you like more. keep in mind the features on the Vypyr can always be made up for on the Randall by effects pedals.

Yeah, that's one of the problems with buying the Randall, I don't have enough money for effects pedals.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Buy the randall as a base for your tone. You can always build up on it over time with new pedals, but if you wanted to get some top-notch stuff with the vypyr it's gonna sound crap and you're gonna want a new amp.

Vypyr = Quick fix

randall = better in the long run
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
I would go for the randall if i don't have to play with other effects.
If i need effects vypyr.

But if you get a vypyr you have to get a sanpera footwitch.

Saludos Español FTW!!!!
Main Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Flextone III
Thanks guys, I guess I'll wasit untill I have ther money to try them out in the store.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más