Im and a beginner and I have been trying to play a song but it comes out sounding terrible because theres a part that goes like

-------------------------------
--------------------7----------
-----------11------------------
-----9-------------------------
-7-----------------------------

For the main part I can play all the notes on that little part but when it comes to the 11 I have to use my pinky and I end up using the flat of my pinky and it turns out sounding stupid. So I was wondering if anybody knew any kind of exercise I could use for pinky and other fingers so my fingers will be arched more and I won't play with the flat side of my pinky.
Quote by Nyahnyah
Im and a beginner and I have been trying to play a song but it comes out sounding terrible because theres a part that goes like

--------------------7----------
-----------11------------------
-----9-------------------------
-7-----------------------------

For the main part I can play all the notes on that little part but when it comes to the 11 I have to use my pinky and I end up using the flat of my pinky and it turns out sounding stupid. So I was wondering if anybody knew any kind of exercise I could use for pinky and other fingers so my fingers will be arched more and I won't play with the flat side of my pinky.

play the 11 on the 6th fret on the g string instead
Stretch the hell out of your fingers by pulling them apart
'09er
Quote by aaciseric

I hate you too much to be able to answer this thread properly. You misleading swine.

Quote by HeavyReverb

you dont win. f^cking 09er

Quote by emad
Morello Wannabe
Post back and I'll temporary ban you.
Check out John Petrucci's Rock Discipline DVD. It has a few exercises that work great for stretching out your fingers.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by yabes24
what song is that it sounds cool, just that little part lol

It's just a minor add9 arpeggio.

Look up freepower's spider exercises in the exercises thread, they will really help finger strength and independence.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.