Hey there, I'm wondering if resting my hand on the bridge/saddle while picking is considered anchoring! I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about this, and I'm curious! And if I understand correctly, though anchoring can be beneficial to speed/control, it can also cause joint problems... correct me if I'm wrong, thanks!

fngrstylgtr

p.s. To be a bit more specific, I rest the part of the hand used for muting on the bridge/saddle...
It's fine, don't let anyone tell you that you must FLOAT your hand or something.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
do what you want not what people tell you..if you want to have your hand on the bridge keep it there..if it you wanna put your thumb over the neck do it...
Great, thanks guys! I wasn't asking because people were telling me not too, I just wanted to make sure that it would 'cause any terrible habits... or joint problems!
Paul Gilbert does it, and it gives him great results. I stopped anchoring my hand recently, and decided to rest my palm on the bridge when picking and it improved my picking technique a lot. So I say stick to that method.
As long as your not actively applying pressure you should be fine.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.