The body of my guitar is made from Kauri wood, can I install new pick ups into wood like that, I was hoping to put some DiMarzio's in here but I have read that certain pick ups only sound good in certain wood, not sure if it's true or not though.

And, would new pickups make a difference if I am playing through a Line 6 POD Studio UX1?
Quote by macfreak1
The body of my guitar is made from Kauri wood, can I install new pick ups into wood like that, I was hoping to put some DiMarzio's in here but I have read that certain pick ups only sound good in certain wood, not sure if it's true or not though.

And, would new pickups make a difference if I am playing through a Line 6 POD Studio UX1?

Yes you can install them, wood makes less difference than people say, however it dsoes make a difference, alder is bright and mahogany is dark sounding.

But... It won't make much of a difference with the POD.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Pickups don't make your tone. They only tweak what you currently have. So if your playing through a POD, your still gonna have whatever tone the pod gives. However pickups tweak what you have so they may clear up muddiness, or add more midrange etc. But the tone change will not be enough to justify a few hundred bucks. If you can save for a small tube amp would be better.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ